Stopped losing Weight(any suggestions)

Options
So I've been on my grind using MFP and working out like crazy and right now I have stopped losing weight. Been using MFP for 71 days straight on a high protein low carb diet of 50 30 20. I originally had my meal plan down to 2350 a day. I am also lift weights, do insanity asylum( finished vol 1 and 2 now doing the hybrid program) and run 3 times a week for about 4-5 miles. I have definitely thinned out and now fit into old pants. I want to keep losing weight but I haven't made progress in a while. I do understand that I could be building muscle while losing fat but in 13 days my weight has remained the same. I am trying to maintain strength while losing fat. Any suggestions?

Replies

• LaSuiza
    LaSuiza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    13 days is nothing, I'd say keep up the good work and be patient :flowerforyou:
  • balletpolegirl
    balletpolegirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Have you measured your waist/hips/etc. to see if you're losing inches?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Patience
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    13 days is nothing. If you upped the intensity of your workout regimen, or changed it up recently you could be seeing some water retention.

You're not building muscle and losing fat. I'm not going to say they are exclusive of each other but if you're at a deficit you're not going to build any type of appreciable muscle that will stall the scale out.
  • CaryMatthew
    Options
    If you are really worried, you can try changing something up in your routine. Maybe eat to your maintenance calories for a couple days or vary your workouts. You should be fine though, give it time. If you truly hit a stop, might need to start actually measuring your calories with a food scale.
  • Mchl496
    Mchl496 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do need to get a tape measure for the more subtle changes.

I just started this hybrid insanity asylum program.. finishing week 3 of 8. I think that's a lot of variation to combine the 2 programs after switching from volume 1(mostly cardio) to volume 2(lots of strength training)

Its hard to be patient.. first 30 days I dropped 10 lbs... over the next 30 days I dropped 3.5 lbs. I know its all about the long haul but its nice to see results.
  • deaniew67
    Options
    Easy for someone who's lost 124 pounds to say that! :-) I wish I could lose that much! Stuck atm & I've only been going about 6 weeks. ;-(

Any tips to what you eat in a day? I have Fibromyalgia so I can't really exercise.

Thanks for any help you can give me.