Shoe suggestions under $50.00

Options
I am looking to get some new shoes after having purchased a pair of Under Armour shoes this past winter. Have had alot of problems with these shoes.

- I have an average width foot.
- I do P90X, P90X+, ChaLean Extreme, Turbo Fire and Brazil Butt Lift

Not sure if a running shoe would be okay for the work I do or if I shouldlook into a 'cross training' shoe. My main conern is to get enough shock obsorption.

I have done some research online into the best options for a good shock obsorbing shoe... Most of whcih seem to be $75.00+

Any suggestions for a $50.00 ish or less shoe? I apologize if this si a duplicate post. I scanned through the different posting and didn't quite see one that fit my question.

Thanks all!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you want to skimp on workout shoes if you workout a lot.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    I am a college student... very limited budget. $50.00 is the most I can put together for a pair of shoes. The Under Armour I bought this past winter causes my feet to roll and are very unstable...
  • ilenem
    ilenem Posts: 25
    Options
    Is there a Big 5 Sports store in your area? They have reduced prices on sports shoes.
  • hutchgrape
    hutchgrape Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I swear by New Balance shoes. Some are pretty expensive, but sometimes you can find them on sale at JC Penneys.
  • pasbd
    pasbd Posts: 7
    Options
    Try looking online at last year's models. Eastbay is a good site.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    do you have a Kohl's near by? I just recently bought Nike running sneaker- my husband also. 75.00 marked down to 30.00 and mine were 75.00 maked down to 15.00!! Check them out!
  • delapug
    delapug Posts: 1
    Options
    Anything by Brooks, was in Finish Line just yesterday and they had marked down a ton of their Brooks shoes. Regular price $100 down to $49.95, in my honest opinion you'll never find a better pair of shoes.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Have you tried an insole before you give up on your shoes?
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    I love my Saucony's. I'm super flat footed (damn genetics!) and I over-pronate; they're the only shoe I've ever been able to run in.

Edit: I should add that some versions of their Grid shoes are around the $50 price mark, so I'd imagine if you can get them on sale, even better.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Shoe Show nearby? They have great prices to begin with but then mark everything down pretty quickly too. This past weekend they had a 50% off clearance priced shoes so I bought a pair of Nikes and a pair of New Balance for $15.00 each.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster big 5 has discounted shoes continually. I buy all of my son and husbands shoes there and alot of my workout shoes. You can get great deals. usually $65- $85 shoes marked down to $15-$50
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Big 5
    Di.ck's Sporting Goods (hahaha, it edited the name the first time, whoops!)
    joesnewbalanceoutlet.com
    runningwarehouse.com (click team discounts at the top, put the code CP15 in and hit enter on your keyboard, you'll get 15% off your order)
  • amicklin
    Options
    I looked at Kohls (online) and didn't see much for sales under $50.00

From what I have read Asics and Saucony are supposed to be really good but the cheapest I found for them was right at $50.00 for an 'everyday' shoe....
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    From what I have read Asics and Saucony are supposed to be really good but the cheapest I found for them was right at $50.00 for an 'everyday' shoe....

<shameless plug> If you want to buy shoes online, try www.roadrunnersports.com . You get a 60 day trial period for your new shoes -- if you don't like them for whatever reason, you can ship them back, no questions asked. I did this back in high school when I ran on the cross country team. Took me forever to find a set of shoes I could use. </shameless plug>
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    CHECK YOUR JC PENNEY'S AND KOHLS; THEY USUALLY HAVE NIKES AND NEW BALANCE FOR 39.99 UNDER YOUR $50
  • amicklin
    Options

<shameless plug> If you want to buy shoes online, try www.roadrunnersports.com . You get a 60 day trial period for your new shoes -- if you don't like them for whatever reason, you can ship them back, no questions asked. I did this back in high school when I ran on the cross country team. Took me forever to find a set of shoes I could use. </shameless plug>

Really?? That sounds great! That would be good so Im not out the $50.00 if the shoes aren't what I need.

Thanks!