fitbit as a gift?

Options
so some months ago my boyfriend was looking into buying a fitbit. He seemed really excited about it and wanted one but ended up not making the purchase, I think because they are kind of pricey.

is this a cool christmas present? and also people who have one what did you think?

Replies

• megachoy
    megachoy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think it would be a fantastic present! I know that I am currently looking to buy one :)
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself this: Is he someone who loves constant data? And I mean CONSTANT. If so, this is a great idea. If not, buy him a HR monitor.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I asked for and received mine for Christmas last year. Best. Present. Ever.
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I bought a set for my wife and I last year, we liked them so much we upgraded from the zips I bought to the Fitbit Ones to get extra features. Have since loaned one of the zips to my sister.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    I got mine for my birthday (having asked for it). Thought it made a great gift.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yes! A cool gift.

Once I bought and used one, I bought one for each member of my family. They loved it.

So then, I bought one for each of my siblings and my mother. They loved it, except for my mom.

I got to my mom too late. Her health was already on the slide (falls, alzheimers, heart attacks). She barely gets out of bed anymore.

We all compete on the 7 day leader board (steps), sending taunts and cheers and text messages. We all recognize it helps us achieve different goals:

Daughter/myself-get more active/maintaining, originally weight loss
    Wife-know how many calories she can eat back (she has maintained a steady weight for over 35 years.
    sister-weight loss
    younger brother-just so he can say he beats me at something

Summary: It helps us loose weight, get/stay healthier, and have fun over the Internet with each other.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It would be a nice gift if he wants one. He may prefer an option that measures heart rate as well,
  • vaporhockey83
    vaporhockey83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love it. I have the Fitbit One after I had told my wife I wanted it for my birthday. She let me get it early and I've been enjoying it since. Sparked me to get moving around a lot more and I love how it interacts with MFP. Also, they have amazing customer service. Mine clipped to my jeans and while taking the kiddo out to the park, I lost it somewhere. Tried retracing steps and syncing to it in the areas I had spent that day to no avail. I contacted them explaining the situation and they sent me a brand new one....and it was entirely my fault as to why I lost it. Anyway, yes, I think it makes a great gift.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I love mine and would have loved to have gotten it as a present!
  • chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the responses!

I'm glad people liked them. I hate to buy something that never gets used :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I bought one as a gift for a good friend of mine, she has wanted one for a long time. I think it's a great gift idea.
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Have mine for two years now ... love it
    Customer Service at FitBit is excellent