How to get going?

Options
2»

Replies

• charmedparis07
    Options
    Thanks I will start doing the night before thing and try to get in more exercises,
    thanks for all the tips
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Watch one of those programmes about the lifestyle of a very morbidly obese person and think that you wouldnt want to be like that. Then go for a jog.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time getting started eating less and moving more, any tips to help?

I found that starting an exercise program that had a set duration and schedule and tracked missed days helped motivate me to move.

In my case, it was EA Sports Active 2 for the PS3, and YourShape Fitness Evolved on the Xbox. They both had routines that had set goals for number of days a week, and they also had planned routines, so I would just log in and it would have my exercises lined up.

MFP served as the motivation to eat less (and move more, to a point as I ate back my exercise calories). I logged everything whenever I possibly could, even days where I went over, and found it kept me accountable to myself.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    As others said, go ahead and log everything you eat. I found out the hard way that a Sonic burger (regular #1 burger alone) had 750 calories. That horrified me so much that it made it easy for me to avoid Sonic after that. I, too, typically enter my food the night before so that I know what I'm going to eat and don't make poor choices because I get too hungry and tired and just stuff my face with what I lay my hands on. It helps me to know that if I do pig out on something unhealthy, I will end up with nothing but a bowl of plain lettuce for dinner.
  • jelineee
    jelineee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Exercise in the morning so that you won't have an excuse not to. Plus after a good workout you will be less inclined to eat unhealthily. And make sure you stay hydrated.