Yoga for weight loss

Options
Running helped me lose weight a few years ago but it hurts so much to run now. Been wanting to do yoga to lose weight. Has anyone have a success with yoga? I stumbled upon doyogawithme.com

Replies

• Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of yoga & pilates. Jillian Michaels has Yoga Meltdown level 1 for free on youtube. It combines yoga + light aerobics. Weight loss is 80% what you eat. Yoga & pilates are great to tone up your body. The most important thing you can do is log accurately daily & eat at a deficit. Good luck!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of yoga & pilates. Jillian Michaels has Yoga Meltdown level 1 for free on youtube. It combines yoga + light aerobics. Weight loss is 80% what you eat. Yoga & pilates are great to tone up your body. The most important thing you can do is log accurately daily & eat at a deficit. Good luck!

I agree. And I am also a fan of Yoga Meltdown. Definitely look it up! I still can't do a headstand, but I love that there is a beginner and a more advanced version so you can progress with the workout as you become stronger. Tara Stiles is also a good one and I think she's has some on the same site you would find Jillian Michaels. Youtube is such a great place for yoga workouts. There are a lot of workouts on youtube in general, so it would be a great place to get a lot of variety for free! I'm a big fan of doing pilates and ballet workouts from youtube. Blogilates is probably my favorite. But LiveStrongWoman has a few series on yoga, pilates, barre, weight training, etc. So it'd be a great way to play around to see if what type of workout you enjoy. Like it was said before, it's definitely more diet related. So find a workout you'll like!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Not sure why there is two threads but here is what I said in your other one:

Exercise is for fitness (or in this case, yoga for flexibility). Weight loss is dependent on a calorie deficit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1151980-yoga-for-weight-loss
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    UMmmm cutting calories and moving more will help you lose weight. Find something that you find pleasurable. Yoga doesnt burn as many calories as weight lifting or running or LISS cardio but if that's what you like then you wil have to cut calories A LOT in roder to lose
  • tatianna68
    tatianna68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    With proper eating and yoga you can and will lose weight. I lost 6 inches and 20 pounds with yoga and walking. I am now doing yoga with weights and doing classes in the water it is awesome