TURBO FIRE RESULTS IN 10 WEEKS?

Options
Hi All!,

I have just started turbo fire (in my very first week) and I am absolutely loving it!! I actually can't wait to train and even though your working your butt off (I'm hoping literally :)) I'm really enjoying it.

I am getting married on the 8th March 2014 and my mission is to lose the last 10 kilos that are bugging me but to be honest i'd be happy with 5 and a whole heap of toning.

Anyone have some inspiring pics or stories to share? Or anyone in a similar boat and want to befriend me and keep each other motivated

Thanks
Jodie

Replies

• Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have completed one round of TurboFire (29 weeks with prep and advanced) and lost 40lbs and toned up pretty well.
    Then I slacked, gained back a lot of the weight :mad:
    Have started a second round of TF earlier this year but I was not paying enough attention to the nutrition.
    I rededicated myself to effort and since 10/12/13 I have lost 10lbs and 5 inches ...
    I LOVE TurboFire

You can add me as friend, :wink:
  • beckymosley86
    beckymosley86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in 12 weeks and 25 inches overall its a awesome program!!
  • pdmitra
    pdmitra Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am so excited that everyone's getting such awesome results! Makes me even more determined to keep going with the program. I am starting week 4 today, but I have been slacking a bit with nutrition. I have always been on the heavier side in terms of weight since I have high bone density, thats why I am going to measure my progress in dress sizes. I am a size 10 right now, I aim to be a six at the end of the 20 weeks.. am I aiming too high?

Ps. Jodie.. congrats on ur wedding! :happy: :happy:
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement. I'm trying to tone for my wedding, too. I'm not getting married until October though, so I have much more time. It goes by quickly though! I love Turbo Fire. I got the best results doing a hybrid of Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. I may do that next. Right now I am doing a hybrid of Chalean Extreme and Focus T25
  • pdmitra
    Options
    how is Focus T25? The reviews I have read on MFP and other sites is that its not all that its cut out to be. I'm super excited about P90X3 tho!
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement. I'm trying to tone for my wedding, too. I'm not getting married until October though, so I have much more time. It goes by quickly though! I love Turbo Fire. I got the best results doing a hybrid of Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. I may do that next. Right now I am doing a hybrid of Chalean Extreme and Focus T25

Thanks :) Trust me time goes SUPER fast! I can't believe I only have 11 weeks to go ahhhhh!

I haven't seen Chalean extrme or the Focus T26 is that from Beach body too? Whats the difference between them?
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Wow! I am so excited that everyone's getting such awesome results! Makes me even more determined to keep going with the program. I am starting week 4 today, but I have been slacking a bit with nutrition. I have always been on the heavier side in terms of weight since I have high bone density, thats why I am going to measure my progress in dress sizes. I am a size 10 right now, I aim to be a six at the end of the 20 weeks.. am I aiming too high?

Ps. Jodie.. congrats on ur wedding! :happy: :happy:

Thanks Pdmitra :) Good luck with your weightloss challenge! I don't think there is such a thing as aiming too high. I say give it your best shot and see how you go! I'm aiming for at least 7 kilos lost in 11 weeks but will just be happy to tone up a whole bunch too! :) Good luck!
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    how is Focus T25? The reviews I have read on MFP and other sites is that its not all that its cut out to be. I'm super excited about P90X3 tho!

Let me know how you go with P90x!
  • pdmitra
    Options
    I'm sticking with the turbo fire for the next 16 weeks.. I'm on Week 4 right now.. and I'm telling you, perhaps physically I dont see too much of a difference, but I know I'm so much stronger! I've been doing my workouts with 1kg wrist weights for the past few days and yesterday when I tried doing HIIT 20 without them, it just didn;t seem like enough resistance! Also when I did the sculpt 30, I could manage a few routines with 3kg weights! Thats something I've never ever been able to do! I really hope it translates to numbers on the scale and toned body, but this is a good beginning I guess.
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Well Done pdmitra! I'm not using hand weights yet - ha still beginning maybe I'll give them a go in week four! you must be noticing a difference! Have you measured yourself?

What are you doing nutrition wise? I'm trying to stick to between 12-1400 cals.
  • pdmitra
    Options
    Thanksssss Jodie! Altho my scale is super unfriendly to me, I do feel that my shoulders have started showing some signs of definition. However, I think its only visible to my eye :( But I am keeping at it! I don't think I have enjoyed working out as much as I do right now. Its great to have friends to motivate you and it really keeps you going. I have started checking MFP more than Facebook.. haha!! xx

In terms of nutrition, i have been trying to keep it under 1200 cals. Also, I have been trying to up my protein intake. Have you been following the nutrition guide given in the TF package?
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Under 1200! Thats getting a bit low isn't it?

Yep keep at it for sure! Don't give up. I'm the same I've been trying to up my protein not eat so many carbs and just try not eat junk food. When I feel like something sweet like choc i just try and swap it out with a sweet fruit like pineapple.

I work away and left the nutrition plan at home so I'm not yet. Just trying to count the cals, I'll have a look at it when I get home though. Is it any good?
  • pdmitra
    Options
    Do you think its too low? I've always tried to keep my diet under 1200... Let me see how it works else I might increase it..

The TF Nutirion plan just talks about going up on proteins and carbs since its a very cardio based workout. The recipies don't always apply to me as being an Indian my diet is quite different from what she suggests, but I try to work around with what I have

How'd this week go?
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Have you worked out your TDEE? I am sticking ot 1200 cals at the moment, but if I've worked out and I'm still starving I will eat something a bit extra (healthy) so I don't feel hungry. I'm finding it ok as long as I eat the right foods! Your diary isn't open so I can't see what your eating!

I'm addicted to TF! I did the 55 mins one last night and the 45 min one this morning and weighed in today and I'm .6kg down Woo hoo! So Stoked!
  • pdmitra
    Options
    Lol! Opening my diary right now is perhaps not a good idea... lol! But I will open it.. let me know what u think :)

ps.. cute display pic :)
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Thanks :) Thats me and my puppy Rogue :) I don't have kids so he's my little fur child :)