help antidepressants

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am struggling with my weight. I really need some support. Ive been on antidepressants forever now and have gained over 50 pounds. I know its my eating habits. I just feel so lonely and alone in this battle of "weightless." everyone I know is doing so well physically health wise…its depressing watching others look so good.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    well don't feel lonely, we are here for u.
    you can do this...
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You're not alone here! You will feel better as you exercise and that will help with your confidence and overall well being! You can do this!
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm on an anti-anxiety/depression medicine. I obviously hated my body and self for far too long. The first week or two of changing any habit are going to be difficult. If it wasn't--we wouldn't have smokers, drunks, drug addicts, or over-eaters. It is hard. Take it day by day. You won't believe how accomplished you will feel on your first day under your calorie goals. Just imagine how you would feel a week of meeting your goals? Add exercise and you can't help but feel better. Life is about day-to-day doings. Dont beat yourself because you aren't where you want to be. I promise if you take it day by day--it gets easier and one day you will be the envyof someone. Have faith and patience.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Medicine such as anti-depressants have been known to cause weight gain and other symptoms that might be associated with puberty (such as acne) so while your eating habits might not be great, you can look at those as a cause, too. As others have said, you definitely aren't alone! Just because you gained the weight doesn't mean it's there to stay :)