Long time MFPer, first time introducer. And I like vodka.

Options
Howdy! I'm Julie, but you can call me Jules.

I've been on MFP for a while. Got really serious on March 4. I've lost 49 lbs since then, with 20-25 more to go...maybe....I'll see when I get there. But I'm finding that the closer I get to my goal, the harder it is to stay motivated. I'm finding myself in the mindset of "I'd be fine staying at this weight forever". Which I would in the long run, I guess. But I'd really like to say someday that I met my goal in full.

I have a friends list full of people that I know in real life, but aren't terribly active. Maybe a more active MFP homepage will keep me engaged? Maybe? If nothing else, meeting new people is always good. :)

More about me...

I'll be 40 in February. And it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I've been married for 10 years. I have 2 boys who are 11 and 3.

I like vodka. {Oh, I already said that.) I'm drinking 3 Olives Grape and Sprite Zero right now. It's going down a little too smoothly.

My food weaknesses: Pasta. Sweets. Vodka. (I think that's been established.) Chinese food.

I'm really not an alcoholic.

I don't belong to a gym, due to family scheduling restrictions. (Plus, I'm cheap.) I do all workouts at home. Bob Harper is my favorite. I have more Jillian DVDs, but I really can't stand her.

I have 2 cats. They like to watch me work out. I'd be lying if I said they haven't been kicked before.

I get up at 3:15 am to work out. I think I need therapy.

I really need to eat more veggies. :(

I worked in radio for 10 years as an on-air personality. This was a big reason for my weight gain, I think. Do you know how much free beer you can get in radio?

I swear like a sailor.

I could probably tell you more. But my cup is about empty.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    My vodka is currently in a glass with some Carolyn's Irish Cream... Oh SO not what I Should be drinking.

Love your post!

Don't Settle.... push for the goal you REALLY want!
    At least you have to buy your own beer now, that should motivate you to drink less.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My vodka is currently in a glass with some Carolyn's Irish Cream... Oh SO not what I Should be drinking.

Love your post!

Don't Settle.... push for the goal you REALLY want!
    At least you have to buy your own beer now, that should motivate you to drink less.

Mmmmm, Irish Cream....been craving that for a while!

And you're damn right about the beer!!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. I don't like vodka (please don't hate me), I'm NOT a morning person. I'm usually going to bed when you wake up. I belong to a gym and love to work out. I'm almost at my goal and finding myself saying "I'm okay with where I'm at" when I know I should be saying, "What about losing another 10 pounds?"

I love your personality because it sounds just like mine and I think we could get along famously.

Oh, and you started your weight loss journey on my birthday :happy:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Bahahahahaa.. good one.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink, and I hate getting up early, but I do kick my cats... and my dogs for that matter. Why am I only interesting when I try and work out? :)
  • Mom2libras
    Options
    Hi im Gina ill be 24 in February.

I've been with my significant other going on 7 years next week. We have 2 boys who are 5 and 2.

I like liqour, vodka is my favorite. Although i hardly drink one bottle will last a month max 2wks shortest.

My food weaknesses: Chinese, cheesecake, red vines licorice . Fries

I don't have a gym membership. I'm cheap for it lol plus I feel more comfortable workouting out at home

No pets.

Im a light sleeper so i try to sleep til at least 6:30

I live for & love fruits and veggies.

I used to swear like a sailor but ive been working on that

I love to read, play xbox360, watch football. My favorite hobby is eating. I can't lie i exercise when i get time. I try and throw "dance party" to get my toddler to join in.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Coconut vodka, berry vodka and plain vodka are in my pantry. Welcome!

I am here daily. You can do this ...you have come such a long way already ...why not see this to the end?!?

I have similar weaknesses to you ...I have conquered pasta. Chinese gives me heartburn since I was pregnant 2.5 yrs ago but I still indulge. Lol. Sweets will always be in my life and yes ....vodka is my drink of choice.

I am 32 yr old mom of one. I almost close to maintenance ... 2lbs away if so much. I am focusing now on toning my bod and i log on daily for motivation. It has been working for me.

I am on the tail end of insanity program and only do workout DVDs ....I have a collection of Jillian Michaels as well, tae Bo, p90x and zcut cardio and strength.
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Also been around a while and lost a fair bit through MFP and 5:2. Would love more active friends so feel free to add me.

I like vodka but not sure it likes me. Turns me into to crazy man. :wink:
  • beltinches
    beltinches Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Vodka, soda water and lime girl here. Adding! :)
  • Abscominsoon
    Abscominsoon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Jules!!! Im Jen. The fact that you stated you like Vodka.... Several times got my attention! ;-) I am more of a Whisky girl myself. Love me some Evan William Honey, I like Jack too but similarly, I am cheap although I prefer Frugal. I have a cat as well which should get kicked for standing outside my bedroom crying while im sleeping, only to find out when I go check on him, he wants to run and hide behind the couch!!! I am 30 and like you been on MFP for a while, well more like stalking the site and just recently started logging. I have about 13 lbs I want to lose, but like you sometimes I get comfortable where I am and say "you know, I'd much rather drink this glass of whisky than anything else" My goal is to finally see some AB definition, and I WILL reach that goal before summer. So Hello, and good luck on your journey, and Cheers!
  • Keebler1976
    Keebler1976 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey Jules. My name is Pat I’ve been on here for almost a year still have some weight loss goals to achieve and working at them, also I’ve turned into a runner (not sure how or when it happened) but I found with an Irish and German blood line running does help with my recreational alcohol consumption by canceling out calories…I run to drink… I try to log daily and I have my food diary open, and I have a good group of MFP’ers who all motivate each other!! If my resume is acceptable feel free to add me, Cheer’s
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You sound flipping awesome!!! :)
  • Annice22
    Annice22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend here. And in life in general.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    removed text.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey Jules. My name is Pat I’ve been on here for almost a year still have some weight loss goals to achieve and working at them, also I’ve turned into a runner (not sure how or when it happened) but I found with an Irish and German blood line running does help with my recreational alcohol consumption by canceling out calories…I run to drink… I try to log daily and I have my food diary open, and I have a good group of MFP’ers who all motivate each other!! If my resume is acceptable feel free to add me, Cheer’s

Im part Irish and German among other things but I hate to run but love this I run to drink lol when I first started out I was like I still wanna drink my wine I gotta work out and some days I was working out and taking sip of wine lol
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jules! I'm Cat.
    I was also serious with MFP for a while, but I got off track when I had to make a big location move. I gained back most of what I'd lost and it was ridiculously discouraging. I'm back on now and determined!!
    As for me, I'm 30 years old. No kids, except for a dog, a cat, and an array of other small fuzzy animals.
    I also enjoy vodka, though I'm more of a hard cider and wine person.
    I'm a jack-of-all-trades; YA fantasy author, seamstress, bellydancer, hairdresser, receptionist, lifeguard. Depends on the time of year and my mood.
    You seem like a FUN person, so I'm going to toss you an add. :)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!

My name's Sherri, I'm addicted to Volleyball.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Crystal Light (really any liquid drink additive) are my drink of choice. I like mixing the flavors; currently the strawberry watermelon with pina colada Desani is my favorite. Gave up wine to lose some of this weight and vodka was the most reasonable alternative.

I'm 37, and the prospect of turning 40 THIS fat is bothering the heck out of me. I too, get too comfortable after I lose a little weight and then maintain for a while, pretty well I might add, and then all of a sudden I will put on 10 lbs. That's where I'm at right now. In truth I should lose 40-50 more lbs, so this time I'm going to try to get all the way there. I got fed up last Saturday and started over immediately. No waiting till after Christmas for me.

The hardest part for me is giving up my diet coke during the day for water. Not a fan of water... unless it has vodka and flavoring ;)

Cheers!
  • SpookyElectric
    SpookyElectric Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like vodka..... and whisky... and wine.... and beer.......and CAKE.

I've got a proper thirst on now!!
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have twin boys who are 4 years old, so I REALLY love vodka! (Truthfully, I'm more of a wine drinker.)

I sent you a friend request with more details.