I hate this exercise....what's yours?

Options
I've had a trainer for about 2 months and I'm glad I finally got one. I never would've done the exercises he's showing me by myself and I feel challenged when I workout. The one exercise I can't stand and despise is the squat walk. I always start off with a good swear word before I have to do them and feel like an idiot when I am getting up from the floor position. My trainer reassures me in a few months I'll be able to do them and be proud of myself. What is your most hated exercise?

Replies

• emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be arms; I hated any arm exercises because they were so weak. Now that I have built up strength and some definition, I love them. As I go, I ditch the exercises I don't like and find something else that works the same area. There are so many things to do, that there isn't much you have to hate. :bigsmile:
  • jessicahill530
    jessicahill530 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Walking lunges...the kind you do as you walk forward, but every time you go forward you lunge...ugh
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Burpees!
  • southernbelle8691
    Options
    Squat jumps
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Sprint drills.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Jumping Lunges..
    Or Star Jumps.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    jumping lunges, agility ladder and anything where my body weight is on my wrists for an extended period of time (like mountain climbers)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Burpees and dumbbell step ups. I'm pretty sure I would also hate jumping lunges but I have never done them because jump and lunge should not be one exercise :laugh: Although I'm pretty positive that they are highly effective :ohwell:
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I think I hate tricep cable xtensions. I kinda hate doing bench press but still do it anyways
  • RickyPaul100
    Options
    I don't hate exercise and i love to do exercise daily because its a best activity to maintain health and fitness. I love to do walk daily. This is simple but most effective exercise for everyone.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Right now I'd happily do anything and everything, even things I normally hate like burpees. Nothing like being sidelined with injury to make you remember how much you love to move.
  • missbrendalynn
    missbrendalynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Lunges of any kind tops my list followed by push ups :explode:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    star jumpers are probably the one exercise I will never volunteer to do- I do some RIDICULOUS workouts- and crazy one leg one arm- upside down sideways stuff.

But I hate star Jumpers.

seriously.

hate them.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Walking lunges...the kind you do as you walk forward, but every time you go forward you lunge...ugh

I totally agree with this, I hate seeing them on my workout schedule.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Leopard crawling through a frosty field. and jumping jack push ups.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Burpees....I like to hate them.
  • 6ronXtreme9
    6ronXtreme9 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    sit ups..its very boring :/
  • feyruiz
    Options
    I used to hate burpees too, until I got better at them.

Mine has to be extended monkey crawling.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Tricep push-ups
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Burpee box jump.

Where you do a burpee, jump on a 20 - 30 inch box, hop over to the other side, do a burpee, and repeat.