Hi there, newby here

Options
As the subject says: newby introducing herself on MFP. I started using the App a few weeks ago and love love live it: easy, quick and accessible everywhere. It helps me losing weight and also helps me avoid my biggest pit fall: undereating :(
Back to the intro: I am Anita,31 and living in the Netherlands. In daily life I work as a high school teacher, subject Latin and classical Greek. In my spare time I love to read, prefably with a cup of tea and the cat nearby.
In summer season I am an avid scuba girl, diving both the cold, muddy Dutch waters and tropical blue seas. That brings me to my second passion: traveling. The further the better. Summer 2014 will bring me to Indonesia.

Replies

• AproMunro
    Options
    hi. I am new too, just joined yesterday. I got to where I am by under eating a lot and thus killing my metabolism, and then eating large meals when I could afford food. I eat pretty well now but I guess I still under eat a bit judging by yesterday's calories I logged. Oh well, we can only try to do better!

I sometimes wish that I had an interest in traveling. I do love to learn about the world and first hand experience would be great, but alas, I am a home body. I just like being safe and secure in my own little spot. Most of my life I lived somewhat like a vagabond and did not like a second of it. I just want a HOME! And now that I have one I don't like to leave it to go too far! But good for you, living an exciting life.

It looks like you don't have a whole lot to lose. You just basically need to get more fit. You are lucky!
  • akoorn1982
    akoorn1982 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I can be a homing pigeon too, but I also love to discover the world.

I try to eat at least 3/4 of my calory count, if I eat more I feel too full (I eat around 1800 a day)

I actually have a lot of weight to lose...don't get confused: my ticker is in KG, that's what we use on the Mainland. 35 KG is about 70LB. And then I have only reached my first goal...I am taking baby steps...
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Welcome and wishing you good success!
  • akoorn1982
    Options
    Thanks Scott! After I reach my first goal, I will set my next goal, depending on how my body looks. I once weighed the weight I was supposed to according to BMI, but I didn't feel happy or looked right...my hips and waist got out of proportion :(
  • AproMunro
    Options
    Aha I did not notice that you were in kg. Also I did not mean to belittle your efforts, if, perhaps it appeared I did so. Anyway best of luck to you and keep at it! Don't let vanity get in the way. If you don't love the way you look when you lose weight just remember that you are HEALTHIER! and that goes a long way!
  • akoorn1982
    Options
    I wasn't feeling belittled so no worries.

I was healthier yes, but with 5 kilos more is was also healthier and looked way better.... it was a drama to find fitting trousers or dresses at that time... either the waist fitted of the hips... I really looked disproportionate :noway:
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    welcome and best of luck.
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    Feel free to shoot me a friend request if you're in it for the long haul! As long as we stay on track and stay positive, we can do it!