What is your favorite quote ?

Options

Replies

• Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    A little long but I love it. More of a speech.

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”
    ― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa
  • Mitzki5
    Options
    "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    "To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world . . . [...] But if you tame me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life. I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all the others. Other steps send me hurrying back underneath the ground. Yours will call me, like music, out of my burrow. And then look: you see the grain-fields down yonder? I do not eat bread. Wheat is of no use to me. The wheat fields have nothing to say to me. And that is sad. But you have hair that is the color of gold. Think how wonderful that will be when you have tamed me! The grain, which is also golden, will bring me back the thought of you. And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat . . ."

It's quite a long quote... It's from the `Little Prince`... a children book that can say so many important things even to adults.
    But it always remembers me how great some people made me feel in my life... and what they did with a introvert person such as I.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    It's not whatcha got, it's what you give.
    It ain't the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Tesla
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to nice! :-)
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    WEAK ENDS HERE.
  • Kirstyw871
    Kirstyw871 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
  • Kirstyw871
    Kirstyw871 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
  • akoorn1982
    akoorn1982 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This too shall pass
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    "Shut up and soldier, Soldier!"
  • Nicole_gets_a_grip
    Options
    The best way to get something done is to begin.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Luck is for those who want to believe that winning happens by accident. effort is for those who Know that victory is a choice.
  • Nicole_gets_a_grip
    Options
    I really like this quote!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    3 types of people in this world. Those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened. Choose.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    "it's not who you are, it's what you do that matters" Batman Begins
  • Mitzki5
    Options
    "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world. "
  • Mitzki5
    Options
    One more....

"Aint nobody got time for that!" Sweet Brown
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    3 types of people in this world. Those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened. Choose.

I like to watch.

makowsky-sellers-gardner.jpg
  • CloudDogS
    Options
    "All 13" - Peter Capaldi
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

I like to watch.

makowsky-sellers-gardner.jpg

Loved "Being There"!

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." -- Helen Keller