What I noticed

Options
So I know that your weight fluctuates throughout the day. This isn't a post about how I freaked out over it, more me laughing over it.

Saturday morning is my normal weigh day. I took my weight and was fine with it. That night we had a party and I counted the food we had as my dinner. It was just a bunch of snack type food. There was sliced baguette, artichoke jalapeno dip as well as a veggie tray and some homemade treats. I portioned myself plenty for the night and diligently added it to my diary. I was OK with the numbers since I had worked out pretty hard and it was a birthday celebration.

Just to see, I weighed myself that night before bed and I had put on 7lbs!!! Granted a lot of that was water, since during the party instead of taking shots I was drinking cup after cup of water. It made me laugh to myself that in less than 24 hours my weight was up 7 lbs.

Yeah, ok, that's my story.

Replies

• msosborne2u
    Options
    Wow! I totally know what you mean! This past weekend my weight went up 8 pounds!!! And that was while exercising and counting calories!

this happens often and then I begin to obsess.... I weigh before I pee, I weigh after I pee, (and yes after, well... you know) I weigh after I eat, then after I exercise! It's maddening!

Moments like those can make you give up, right? But I can't, so I guess I just need to chill.... :-)

Funny post thought - Totally could relate!
  • yellowbelle
    Options
    My confession: I weigh myself before and after poops. LOL!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate - the same thing happens to me - but then I remind myself, "you have had 2 bottles of water in the last hour, you ate lunch, etc. etc." It is soooo... funny what we do to ourselves. But i guess that really means that we are totally invested in reaching the goals we have set for ourselves. If it weren't important to us, we wouldn't even bother to look.
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My confession: I weigh myself before and after poops. LOL!

So do I!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • Allieballie
    Options
    Too funny. I do the peeing thing too. Weigh myself after I pee just to see the scale go down :P
  • shautau
    shautau Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm just having a really bad diet day...I have been working out so hard and even reduced my calories as low as I could without causing an adverse effect but had gotten a comment from someone whose facial expression with the comment really made me reflect negatively on my "non-slender" accomplishment...along with weighing myself and finding only a 2 1/2 lb difference between my starting weight when I began my diet and today's weight. Couldn't help but to become VERY depressed with it today.
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    Options
    This is the perfect example of why it's so bad to weigh in too often! Yet it's so tempting! It's good that you can have a laugh about it and not over-react.