What do you do when you have a bad day with eating?

Options
13»

Replies

• annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've been having this exact problem due to work stress especially with weekends, but I go much over...I just try to dust myself off and tell myself to do better next week and next weekend. Luckily I have vacation soon and will not be counting at all so I can see if that will help me get out of the splurging.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Go for a long walk. Eat less the next day.
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    I accept that it happened and move on. Immediately. Not "oh well that's today screwed, I'll start over tomorrow". Immediately. I've had days where I overate at breakfast - but as soon as I had I decided to make healthy choices for the rest of the day, and not write-off another 2 meals.

Looking forward and not back is key, I find. Beating yourself up about something you can't change isn't healthy or productive. You can't change the choices you have already made, but you can change the decisions you will make in the future.

That is a very constructive and functional philosophy!
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    Log it and move on. No need no feel the slightest remorse. Just keep at it.
    No nonsense. I like it!
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    Enjoy it and move on. The object is to love life, and be happy. You can't do that by not indulging once in a while.
    This thread is chock-full of constructive philosophies! I'm privileged to be among such smart people.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I get up, dust myself off and remind myself that tomorrow is another day, one full of promise & that I will do better!

:flowerforyou:

Amen to that! And I love your ticker message!

Thanx!
  • adorbis
    Options
    I realize that slipping up is a probability, not a possibility. I don't dwell on it, get over it and I keep it moving.
  • MeredithDeVoe
    Options
    What they said. It happened, be thankful, and move on. Lots of folks in the world would love to be able to overeat once in a while so we are blessed.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I leave it in the past and move on. I treat the days after normally, so I'll eat all my calories or close to. It is a lifestyle change and we are only human so this will happen to everyone, and we shouldn't feel bad about it.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Honestly, this time around I'm more focused and trying to do this in a healthy, gradual way. I engulf myself on this site, Netflix, amazon, youtube documentaries and shows related to weight loss, nutrition, etc.

Having that in my face all the time keeps me motivated and focused. A little obsessive, but it works for me.
  • target_XX0
    target_XX0 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It compensates that day where I wasn't that hungry and logged 800 calories for the day...

And I'll see tomorrow morning if it had and impact
    And I'll sweat it off or diet it off in the next week 8)

It's not a race. And life happens 8p
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I ate out once this week and overrate. At my weekly weigh in I lost 1lb. I was expecting little to no loss. Very pleasantly surprised :)
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    I get up, dust myself off and remind myself that tomorrow is another day, one full of promise & that I will do better!

:flowerforyou:

^ this. One bad day - or two - doesn't negate a lifestyle change. Over Christmas I will definitely put on weight at my parents'. But that's fine, no problem, when I get back home I'll be back in my usual routine ...

Don't beat yourself up!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    try not to be too hard on myself and do better the next day...it happens that is life :)