How many lbs had you lost before you officially dropped a pa

swerdygnome
swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi All,

I know it's a silly question since weight loss varies from one person to the next, but I am just taking a general poll here. How many pounds had you lost before you officially dropped a pant size? I can't wait for that day!!!

Replies

• fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Go by measurements instead. It is more accurate. 1 - 2 inches usually equals one size.
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    I have lost 14 pounds and can get into some of my old jeans but not many. I think I may be close to losing a whole pant size but not yet. I can not wait either!!! This would be a great goal.
  • swerdygnome
    I have lost 14 pounds and can get into some of my old jeans but not many. I think I may be close to losing a whole pant size but not yet. I can not wait either!!! This would be a great goal.

Tell me about it!! Let me know when you get there!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    I was down 15lbs and officially down a size. I have a friend who consistently loses a size for every 10 lbs she loses :grumble:
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Part of it is that one size from one company is different than the same size from another one. I currently can wear 3 different sizes of pants I own. . . some of the larger ones fit better than the smaller ones. I did just get into a pair that I hadn't been able to wear since I don't know when :indifferent:
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    The last time I lost a good amount of weight...like 4 years ago it took about 20 pounds before I went down ONE pants size! I had a friend ask after about 10lb if I had gone down, but I had not.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    About ten lbs for me. Give or take..
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Its only just happened for me, so I would say 20ish.

I'm sure everyone is different, depends how much exercise you are doing and most probably where you are buying your clothes.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Seems to be around 10lbs for me. I've lost 34 lbs and am down 3 sizes and what I am currently wearing is getting a bit sloppy so I imagine in another 5-7 lbs I'll be in the next size down.
  • mkep3000
    mkep3000 Posts: 11
    I am down 20lbs but not a pant size.. I find things are fitting and looking better so I wonder how bad they looked before! Hahah. It's a little discouraging but it's definitely because most of my weight is in my waistline.. yay.. Anyway, I know eventually the weight will go away as it has in my legs.. *fingers crossed*
  • swerdygnome
    I'll probably scream when it finally happens for me so I'm SURE you'll all hear about it! =) Thanks for all of your responses.....very motivating!!

I think I can I think I can I think I can.......
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I think it was more like 25 lbs before I fit into a size 14. I was in a snug 16 though when I started. It's been less and less every size down. It was more like 15 lbs more before I was a 12, and only 10 lbs to get into a Size 10. Once you get to size 10, there are only 1" separating sizes instead of 2" so you drop sizes faster. It's a nice bonus.
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    For me, it's about every 12 to 15 lbs. I haven't actually gotten down a size yet, but from remembering approximately how much I weighed before I had my kids, and how many sizes I need to get down there, it's around 12 to 15 lbs.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    as big as i am :huh: i have to lose inches :blushing: i have a big o tummy and have to do tons of crunches and a low fat diet to cure it:noway: i am doing now when i get my tummy under controll i will drop a size every ten poundd i lose:bigsmile:
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    I lose in my bottom half last, so I'm down 12 lbs and still in a size 12. I'm hoping about 8 more lbs before I can buy some 10s, but I actually have no clue.
  • I am currently 77 pounds down and 2 to 3 pant sizes (more like 5 in tops) ... Thing is, often before we begin our weight loss journey, we are squeezing in to a size that we probably shouldnt be wearing to begin with so that first size drop can take a while for some of us.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    For me, I didn't go shopping until I had lost 17 lbs. and saw that my clothes were baggy.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    I started out in a tight stretchy 18 at 217# - but since I wear scrubs and the female sizes are pretty standard I was a XL snug-
    I'm down to 174# wearing a very loose L - couldn't tell ya what I am in jeans, pants, or dresses as I'm waiting to try on M scrubs this thusday! when I can comfortably fit into M's then I'll go get a few clothes!!!:wink:
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Great job everybody! I think my body is shaped weird or my pants shrunk over the years because I am 216 down from 230 and still am wearing a size 24ish. Some of them are still too small.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Nope, not a silly question. It took me 20 lbs to go from size 16 to size 14. I even checked the measurements to make sure I was wearing the recommended size for my measurements. I guess this depends where you are starting at.
This discussion has been closed.