Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Technically anything not in its original state
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My interpretation, degree of processing correlates with how much it doesn't resemble what it looked like from its original animal, plant or mineral origin.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Anything sold in the inner aisles of the grocery store.........all the packaged, boxed, frozen crap.
  • infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Everyone is gonna make up there own thing for what is processed! The reality is, almost everything has some sort of processing! Deal with it!
  • cherrybomb526
    cherrybomb526 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anything sold in the inner aisles of the grocery store.........all the packaged, boxed, frozen crap.

Basically this. There is a huge range between mostly "unprocessed" (whole fruit, meat, nuts, whole veggies) which obviously have undergone some sort of "processing" (the steak had to be cut out of the cow, the nut was picked and removed from the shell, the fruit and veg were washed), to "very processed" (velveeta, fruit gummies, Ramen, cheetos, meals in a box, lean cuisines, etc). I think of healthy oils (olive, coconut) as being more "unprocessed," while I think of bread and cereal as being more "processed," but everyone has a different definition.