belly hang??

Options
i've lost about 50lbs since september 24th of this year... i was at 205.7 and currently am 155.9. I am concerned with my stomach, as every where seems to be dropping the pounds but my lower stomach, which also hangs over. how long will this take before it starts to go away?

Replies

• jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Well not sure how long it will take. But it will be the last place to lose. However you look great in your pic - so just keep up the good work.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats on your great loss! There is no one time frame answer for your skin, it will do what it wants to do. One thing is for sure, it is closer than now than it has ever been. Strictly about me but it took me four dedicated months of ab exercises to get my pouch above my pelvis bone. I was also losing weight at the time, so I don't know which one got me to that point. You are doing great! When you worry about excess skin is when you are nailing it! Time and maintenance will tighten the skin. Congrats on getting to this goal!:drinker:
  • MonsonD60
    MonsonD60 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You have lost alot of weight in a short time and look great. It is going to take some time for your skin to get back into shape. Keep up the good work and dont be so hard on your self.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome.

Someone I know has the same issue due to overweight and child birth.

What she did was hire a trainer, ate "clean, " mostly avocado, egg whites, tuna, salmon and veggies. And she did nothing but strength training and weights. Prepped her meals, six, and just went hard.

Now her stomach is showing a six pack and tight. She went hard for 6 months.

It seems her diet and strength training is what did the trick for her. She was very disciplined.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i've lost about 50lbs since september 24th of this year... i was at 205.7 and currently am 155.9. I am concerned with my stomach, as every where seems to be dropping the pounds but my lower stomach, which also hangs over. how long will this take before it starts to go away?

50lbs in less than 3 months? How is that possible?
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping most of mine goes away too but i doubt it will all go away. That's my bad for letting it get so out of hand and i'll deal with it. Though i heard using lotions helps it stay hydrated which helps it stretch back. Also drinking lots of water. AND muscle workouts are said to help. We'll see :o
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Great job. It will leave you in time. Don't let it get you down. You're doing great
  • LaLa482
    LaLa482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Right?!? Especially starting just above 200.
  • rosalindabbott
    Options
    congrats ! just keep up the good work it will go away in time ...you just lost so quick but it will
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome!! Mine does too, but I love the tops that hold EVERYTHING IN.. I have a few and love them.
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the speed of your weightloss was so fast that your skin hasn't had a chance to catch up yet. It will probably take time and strength exercises. How did you lose so much weight in such a short period of time?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

This entirely depends on your body composition. If you do not have enough muscle to support a flat tummy, it can take significantly longer as you would require a few bulk/cut cycles (common with those who lose weight very fast and those under weight or at the lower end of the weight spectrum). Ideally, set a moderate deficit (1lb per week) and do a lot of weight training and eat high protein. This will help preserve the remaining lean body mass you have.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Again--why is everyone avoiding the obvious question-- How does someone go from 205.7 to 155.9 in less than 3 months??????
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I went from 221 lbs to 133 lbs this year and still have a belly overhang. I think I might need to get to 120 lbs and also do some workouts to make it flat. You are probably the same where you can probably lose more (depending on height) and do specific exercises.
  • susiepet
    Options
    I'd like to know too!

S
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Again--why is everyone avoiding the obvious question-- How does someone go from 205.7 to 155.9 in less than 3 months??????

Water weight and a large deficit, with probably lots of running.
  • lauracos79
    lauracos79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! It's easy to lose 50 lbs in 3 months as long as you're motivated! It's all about eating the correct foods and ....intense workouts! Cardio is key.esp for the belly. 60 of cardio will burn off belly fat. Definitely do some planks though. You can do those on your lunch break or at home anytime! Planks attack your core and burn calories. The belly will go away but it's the last to go. I still have 15 to go and it's mostly belly. Good luck! You look great!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

I question whether she would have this belly overhang issue if she lost weight more slowly. Hmm...
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! It's easy to lose 50 lbs in 3 months as long as you're motivated! It's all about eating the correct foods and ....intense workouts! Cardio is key.esp for the belly. 60 of cardio will burn off belly fat. Definitely do some planks though. You can do those on your lunch break or at home anytime! Planks attack your core and burn calories. The belly will go away but it's the last to go. I still have 15 to go and it's mostly belly. Good luck! You look great!

What, exactly, are you basing these statements on?
  • BuManCuzBrah
    Options

I want to know too. I lost 30 in 5.