Woohoo! My first 30K today!

Options
It's 34 F (1 C ) and a bit breezy out there but I'm gonna nail this sucker! My three goals: finish, no injury, and no walking.

Replies

• Trimi
    Trimi Posts: 57
    Options
    Good luck! 30k is no piece of cake, so great job.
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I finished surprisingly better than the 25K that I ran three weeks ago. I ate 500 grams of carbs yesterday, ate more this morning, and drank two gatorades at every water station and was able to finish real strong sprinting the last 2.5 miles. At the 25K last month, I was crawling almost collapsed across the finish line. I will never make that mistake again.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed!:)
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are ready to murder those 18.6 miles! You are all carbed-up, and I like your goals especially about being injury free at the end.

Let us know how you did.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    30K?!? Wow! Good luck :drinker:
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Well done! The 30k mark at my last marathon was where it all started to get a bit tricky. I was so tired, thirsty (even though I had a decent hydration plan)....that's just a lot of running!! You should feel spectacular about your accomplishment!!!
  • Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! I'm going to be running my first 30K in a few months.... Any pointers???
  • vivaldirules
    Options
    Awesome work! I'm going to be running my first 30K in a few months.... Any pointers???
    Yes. Stay positive and stick to your training schedule under any circumstances except injury. If you get a tendon injury or something, just stop and try again in a few months or next year. And if you are trying to lose weight likeme, forget it on days before your long runs. Carb up! I also am happy I stuck to my goal of no walking. It has helped me finish strong, I think. Best of luck to you!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Your why you want to get in shape section of your profile is AMAZING!

Congratulations and keep chasing your goals.
  • vivaldirules
    Options
    Your why you want to get in shape section of your profile is AMAZING!

Congratulations and keep chasing your goals.
    Thank you! I'm really just in this for my health but I need extra motivation to keep it up every day so I try to have fun goals, too. And I really am having a lot of fun compared to my couch potato days.