Similar question to Skinny Fat

Options
I am happy with my weight and the way I look standing up, in clothes, or naked. EXCEPT when I'm sitting down, when I still have a bit of that ugly apron fat. It seems like skin with fat under it with, basically, nothing under it to keep it tight. When I'm standing or have my legs straight, everything is taut and looks great. But when I sit, it essentially folds. Is this just that my skin hasn't tightened up enough (I've lost almost 40 pounds and am in my 50's, so my skin isn't as resilient as it was)? Or is it that I need to lift weights?

Sitting on a pilates ball all day and a lot of walking have helped my core muscles and my posture a lot, but I haven't lifted or done anything else.

I have continued to lose inches in the last 6 months since I've been on maintenance, so I think my BF is still going down. I don't want to lose more weight. This is where I was in college when I was thin and I think is my natural weight. I weighed less when I was doing ballet 7 days a week, but even my teachers told me I was too thin then.

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    IMHO, you should do some PiYo.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    What is PiYO?
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    so you are unhappy how you look when you are sitting down naked? There are not a lot of people that look practically perfect in every way, just sayin'. There comes a point of when you have to look at your body and accept it for what it is. If you like you body in clothes and you like how it looks when you are standing up naked, perhaps it is time to love it with wrinkles and all. :flowerforyou:
  • nxd10
    Options
    You could be absolutely right.
  • dalguard
    Options
    Ture :smile: Take the leanest guy with an eight pack in the world and have him bend at the waist and there will be a fold there.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Your skin folds when you sit down as it isn't being stretched out like it is when you stand up. If it was tight when you sat down, when you stood up it would rip as there would be no slackness.
  • nxd10
    Options
    I used to be an art major a gazillion years ago. After looking at all those nude models, you'd think I'd know that, right?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Don't slouch when you sit. Problem solved.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    What is PiYO?

Googled it for you.

PiYo is a fun, challenging class fusing Pilates and Yoga. You will burn calories, tone muscles, work on balance and get a great stretch! The class is a little different each time, but always a great workout!