Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Pureed cauliflower
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    A white garlic sauce, Ive never had pesto pizza but all these people talking about it are making me realy want some.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Pesto
    Olive oil and garlic
    Alfredo

not sure if healthier but they taste yummy

I have also seen BBQ sauce on pizza, not for me but another option
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I love pesto sauce on pizza. Top it with mozzarella and some portobello mushrooms. Yum!

I second this!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I actually love pizza without sauce. My favorite pizza is just buffalo mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and fresh basil. Drizzle of olive oil over the top and some chili flakes. It's perfection to me.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Pesto sauce on a Flatout wrap with some onions, mushrooms, chicken and a bit of cheese....delicious!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    bbq sauce!

No .....not really a good idea. Most BBQ sauce has tomato PLUS additional acid added ...like lemon juice. I have a low tolerance for acid too. I do eat red sauce pizza ....light sauce, less spicy. Typically 1/3 the usual pepperoni and I'm good to go. I had to experiment a little... maybe you tolerate acid less than I do (even).

Find your triggers .......onion, garlic, chili powder (OK - not most pizza), and pepper can all be triggers for acid re-flux. My homemade sauce is simple......basil, oregano, garlic (small amount), a bit of sugar (rosemary sometimes) ....no onion. Any kind of sausage is a big no-no for me.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i am in the same boat as i cannot have acidic foods due to a bladder disorder and acid reflux.
    there's an otc called prelief that you take with acidic food or drink, it works pretty well and takes the acid out of foods.

i make a roasted red pepper sauce as an alternative to tomato sauce.

take 4-6 red peppers and roast them in the oven. let them steam in a bag, peel off the charred skin and then puree. add spices like garlic, oregano, onion powder. transfer to a pan and add vegetable broth (i make my own stock without tomatoes) and a little water until it is a sauce consistency. bring to a boil.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    adding baking soda can also reduce the acid, you can make a white pizza or pizza with an alfredo sauce or pesto sauce. peppers aren't a trigger for me nor is garlic but each person varies
  • NessaWilde
    NessaWilde Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Roasted red pepper spread.
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I use light ranch.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas now I want pizza!