panic has struck me

jenniflower75
jenniflower75 Posts: 23 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So i live on the west coast right now and am relocating on september 8th to the east coast.. we are driving there so i'm looking at 5 days drive.. That leaves me with very little choices in what i can eat along the way.. I DO NOT WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT ON THIS TRIP!!! I plan to take a cooler and try to make sandwiches for lunches but im not real sure about snacks on the road and breakfast on the road.. im definitely not sure about dinners cuz those will most likely be deliverys.. UGH HELP

Replies

• Dawn_2013
    Dawn_2013 Posts: 170
    It may be tough...as you said, the options are not great. Pack the cooler with veggies and a healthy dip...like hummous. Pack yogurts like Sillouette only 80 cals and filled with fiber...when you stop, ask for fruit, salads, and grilled chicken...no carbs after noon, no butter on the toast! Have them add veggies and salads instead! Make sure your partner/husband stops at diet friendly choices...not the usual greasy spoons, which become more frequent in the midwest...YOU CAN DO THIS!!! And if the support is not there...hjack the damn trip to make it happen! YOU are important on this trip....and if I have learned anything during this process, is I sabotage myself by being accomodating. My problem..dont make it yours. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Make it a game..not hard....we are here if you need help :flowerforyou:
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Nuts are a good snack to travel with. Also, if you're going to have a cooler, you can get some fresh fruits and veggies to take with you. You can also do healthy snack bars.
    For dinners, if you are careful with fast food, you can find a way to make it healthier. . . don't have mayo or cheese on burgers, skip the fries and drink water. It can work.
    I also suggest stopping every so often to get out of the car and move. Even if you're just walking around at a rest stop, you're at least moving.
    The fact that you're asking ahead of your trip is awesome. It says you want to make the best choices you can and I bet you will as you get going. Best of luck on your move!!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    There are grocery stores in every town, so why not purchase fresh when it is time to eat rather than order delivery? +
  • Holton
    There are grocery stores in every town, so why not purchase fresh when it is time to eat rather than order delivery? +
  • Holton
  • Holton
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    taking stuff with you for sandwiches and snacks is a great idea. Take veggies, fruit, lowfat sandwich stuff, granola bars, yogurt, pita chips, hummus,rice cakes,microwave popcorn to pop at the hotels(if they have micros) . If I were you I would buy a calorie counter book that lists alot of restaurants and fast food places before you leave. This way you can look up the places that are close to where you stop. Also try to stop at fruit stands along the way. Also walk around the rest stops, hotels, see if the hotels have pools to swim in the evening, also see if they have a workout room so you can burn a few calories in the evening, if not maybe you can bring an exercise dvd and your laptop and do it in the hotel. Hope this helps , good luck on the move. You can do it. Just plan ahead and stick to your plan
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Everyone's suggestions for snacks above are great!! Also, low fat string cheese and low sodium pretzel sticks. Frozen grapes are a very chewy sweet satisfying snack for the cooler. Chains like Subway or Applebee's have nutrition control menus. Remember your training, young Jedi! You'll do great!
This discussion has been closed.