Granulated calorie free sugar products and your experiences

Options
SqueakyPizza
SqueakyPizza Posts: 69 Member
I had bought these animal cracker cookie cutters from a garage sale and figured I'd give them a shot. I made a few swaps with some of the ingredients just for experimentation purposes; it's been a while since I have baked and forgot what all I had done before that had worked so I didn't want to waste any material. I swapped out half of the flour requirement for vanilla protein powder, the butter for coconut oil, and the cup of sugar for half splenda and half brown sugar (because I like brown sugar).

They came out good but I could taste the splenda outright and I don't care for that taste. The protein powder I have also was a very strong vanilla for me so I think I will just make them with the powdered peanut butter to offset the taste.

I know there is granulated forms of other sugar free products, like the truvia or xylitol. I just wouldn't know how to use them in terms of measurement or conversion to the sugar requirements. I just wanted to see what luck others have had with other sugar alternative products. Thanks for the feedback!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't use any of them anymore as they have not so pleasant effects on my insides, resulting in not so pleasant trips to the bathroom.

I'm pretty sure xylitol was 1:1 though...
  • SqueakyPizza
    SqueakyPizza Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am fortunate that I don't usually have many issues using the artificial sweeteners. I do try to limit myself to truvia at the most when I have to use it, but I just wanted to see if I could get some feedback on others to give it a try. I have been reading around the web where I can, there seems to be an endless amount of articles with so many different ideas.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I've never baked with Truvia but I've been meaning to try it. Supposedly, 1/3 tsp = 1tsp sugar, so if you can cut measurements by 2/3 I imagine it would provide the result you want?