minute steak?

Options
lietee
lietee Posts: 189 Member
ok everyone i have been having a hard time determining how many calories are in a regular minute steak fried in water no butter or oil with nothing added to it. I eat about a serving size once a week and without food guidlines onthe package i am forced to use the guide lines on here but there is too many options on them that i have never even heard about. Can someone please give me a rough estimate. ITs just plain minute steak cooked with no oils or butter ect. thanx

Replies

• lietee
    Options
    ok everyone i have been having a hard time determining how many calories are in a regular minute steak fried in water no butter or oil with nothing added to it. I eat about a serving size once a week and without food guidlines onthe package i am forced to use the guide lines on here but there is too many options on them that i have never even heard about. Can someone please give me a rough estimate. ITs just plain minute steak cooked with no oils or butter ect. thanx
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the wafer-thin like steak things that are really beef that's been chopped and formed into a rectangle--like you would use on a steak sandwich? If so, look under Steak-Umm. They're listed there just as come out of package with nothing added.
  • lietee
    Options
    ty 120 cals seems way more realistic than the 400+ that i as getting :)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh wow I haven't had on in ages!!! I used to saute mushrooms and onions and add swiss cheese...yum! hmmmm maybe if I saute it all in water like you did...it won't be so bad...thanks for making me remember!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • lietee
    Options
    lol np and its way better then using grease like oils butter or margarine. why add fat when you dont get anything filling out of it, and for only a few dollars you have enough for two meals!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I don't cook mine in anything--just throw them in the fry pan and add a few onions. Good!!