Ab lounge? need belly fat gone!

Options
I have an ab lounge that a friend of mine just gave me. If i use it every day will it help to tighten the fat and skin in my stomach? Thant is where i carry most of my weight and i want it gone! Besides that what exercises would you recommend for stomach tightening and fat burning? Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce. Calorie deficit to reduce fat, and it comes off where it wants, unfortunately.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Sorry. You have to lose overall body fat and your body decides where it comes from and in what order. So work your whole body, eat at a deficit and you will lose fat overtime.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as tighten fat. You either gain, maintain, or lose.

No exercise makes you lose fat, that is done with diet. You can do a million crunches in a week and if your diet is off you won't see results to your liking.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Exercising the midsection will only make your abs larger/stronger. Everyone has a 6 pack, it's a matter of reducing the fat that covers this large problem area. The only way to do this is through a caloric deficit which can be achieved through diet, exercise or a combination of both. You can do 1000 sit ups every day and it won't mean jack.
  • anemicroyalty10
    anemicroyalty10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    okay, thank you for the information. i plan on eating healthy, already am. Was just hoping to target that area but now that i know it wont work i'll stick to zumba and other things. i appreciate the help :)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    If you have a weak core then ab training will help strengthen that area, but only a caloric deficit will get you aesthetic abs.