Weight loss confussing me????

Swoopette
Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay i have been at this eating 1200 calories for 2 weeks now. I have so the scale says lost 10 pounds. I don't feel a difference in me and don't see a difference in my clothes. So I am thinking it is water. I am wonder if losing that much weight am I not giving myself enough calories???

Replies

• GuamMom
    GuamMom Posts: 55 Member
    You are doing fine. Fat loss is an all over the body thing. A bit here a bit there. Soon you will notice. I sugest you take pics once a month so you can see it for yourself! Good luck on your journey!
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    You could check your scales? Also, maybe 5 pounds of what you lost was water if you started drinking 8 glasses a day and you weren't before. Are you adding back in your exercise calories? You might want to add back some if not all of them. I don't know how tall you are or what you weigh. I kind of bet you don't continue to loose 5 pounds a week unless you were living on nothing but Twinkies before you started the diet...
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    It could be water. And as far as the calories go, it really depends if you are exercising. Your body always tends to lose very quickly at the beginning, trust me it will slow down. If you are exercising then you do need to eat more calories. Your body will go into starvation mode and you will begin to lose muscle. If your only counting calories then I would say don't eat a lot more cause you will gain weight.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    I'll throw in my 2-cents: When I started trying to get back to my healthy weight I decided something: I'm not going to focus on weight loss, I'm going to focus on toning and strengthening (I'm 35, so weight loss gets harder). I work out 5-6 days per week, min of 50 mins each & mix up my workouts between cardio, strength, abs, Tai Chi & Tai Chi/Kickboxing. In the last 9 months, although I've lost 11 lbs, I've toned so much that I fit into clothes I was wearing when I was 10lbs thinner than I am right now. I still go over my calories or eat right at my calories per day, but again, my focus was to tone and strengthen and looking at how I look now, I wish I had of focused more on that when I was in my 20's!
    Give it time, if you want this to be permanent: anything that is done too fast will not last (been there, done it, didn't hold onto it!). It also takes up to 30 days to rewrite your body's blueprint, so give it time. Whatever you do, do not drop below 1200 calories per day, you will send your body into starvation mode and will hold onto everything you give it instead of burning it (no matter how much you work out). If you want some extra support or just some extra positivity, add me as a friend: even in your darkest hour, I always will try to be a ray of sunshine (g-d knows I've needed those rays at times myself!).
This discussion has been closed.