Shorties who use Fitbit/polar/etc: what is your avg TDEE?

Options
Shorties who use Fitbit/bodybugg/etc: what is your average TDEE?

Hola,
What is your height, weight, and TDEE? Also, what kind of workouts do you do (if your TDEE is significantly different from mine)?

I am trying figure out what my TDEE is.
I'm 4'11" and ~118 pounds (last weigh-in was last month).
My range is about 1630-1913 calories a day.

Wondering if my fitbit flex is somewhat accurate on my TDEE or is it being too generous.
I've only had it for a week.

Last Sunday when I didn't work out and did my "usual" day (1-2 loads of laundry, feeding my 2 elementary age, cooked dinner, etc: nothing exciting), it said I burned 1630.
Then on Wednesday when I did a BeachBody ShaunT abs video, my total = 1913.
But when I busted my butt w/ weight training, even w/ a deadlift PR of 195 on Monday, Fitbit = 1713.

Appreciate your inputs,
thank you very much,
Amanda

Replies

• missdrizz
    missdrizz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bumbing for interest.
  • tasha_rena
    tasha_rena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    FitBit Flex is only going to log calories burned based on steps - for the other exercises, if you log them in MFP (I take off my Flex and do, for instance, 30DS), then it will update your calorie burn on Fitbit. So, in this way, it's not going to be as accurate as you want it to be unless you log separately.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Fitbits don't really calculate the calorie burn from weight training.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I do not have a fit bit, but I am maintaining at around 1900 calories/day. I am 5'0 and about 100lbs.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I know the Fitbit/other monitors are not accurate for weight training.

My main goal here is to compare myself to other Shorties' TDEE, since I don't really know my TDEE.
    Through calculations (Harris something, etc) puts me between 1550-1800, which is a really large range.
    So I'm just trying to figure out my TDEE.

Lori: just amazing! I'd love to be 100# and able to eat 1900 calories/day!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

My main goal here is to compare myself to other Shorties' TDEE, since I don't really know my TDEE.
    Through calculations (Harris something, etc) puts me between 1550-1800, which is a really large range.

Well in that case, mine usually puts me in a range of 1650-1900. I'm the same weight as you, but I'm 5'6. I don't think it's accurate, because I've lost weight eating about that much. I work out an average of 4-5 times a week, mostly weight training. I do 3 days of heavy weights, and the other 1 or 2 I do lighter weights with cardio added in.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Lori: just amazing! I'd love to be 100# and able to eat 1900 calories/day!

This does include me running 20-25 miles per week. I don't account for any of those calories, so without the running, my TDEE is probably closer to 1650. That also includes 3 days strength training and 1-2 days of yoga.