any Ireland and Scotlanders?

Options
Alyshe
Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
I want to hear your stories about your home. Yes I know that Ireland and Scotland are different I'm not stupid. lol But I am going to go to both someday. It's the 2 and 3 rd of my list of places to go. I think that If I won the lotto I might even move there. :0) lol

Replies

• krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm from Northern Ireland? It's technically UK...:(
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Hi! Check with: Roy_Young He is actually going to Scotland again in a couple of weeks. I'm sure he would LOVE to tell you about it and I'm sure with a little coaxing he will even share some pictures when he gets back! (You will LOVE him, he's a sweetie!!)

Donna
  • DawnElisabeth
    Options
    My girl ChellieIrish is and a gem of a support too. :)
  • Paddyrabbit
    Options
    From SE Ireland, formerly of UK for 700 years! Now not...
  • gmclachl
    gmclachl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not sure what a Scotlander is, but I am Scottish, if that helps. I live in Glasgow. I like it.
  • weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I live in Scotland.

*waves*
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I live in the west of Ireland.

what would you like to know?
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm from Northern Ireland? It's technically UK...:(

Hubby is from inishowen, north donegal (near derry), doesnt seem to be many irish or nothern irish here!!!
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have the best of both worlds; born Welsh and now live in Bonnie Scoatland
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I'm a first generation American, my father was from Ireland and my mom from Scotland. Last year I went to the UK for 17 days and spent 8 touring Scotland, it's BEAUTIFUL:bigsmile: and everything I'd hoped it would be and Hubby and I look forward to going back someday. Probably won't get to Ireland for another couple of years, but it's next on the list.
  • gmclachl
    gmclachl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I live in Scotland.

*waves*

And in Glasgow as well I see.
  • moniapp
    moniapp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Northern Ireland but married and live in Dublin. Ireland is great, been in Scotland a few times also a beautiful country. You should visit all!!!!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i'm from northern ireland - it rains a lot :(
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Know I want to know what it is that you personaly enjoy doing for fun? And what you personaly recomend for a true Ireland and Scotland experience. Why because I think that to get a true experience of the place your going, you should know what the people there enjoy doing and what they recomend for others to experience.
  • allyj1978
    Options
    Hey I am also a 'Scotlander'...lol!! Well I am Scottish anyway!! Ask away :o)
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I won't be going until I am old and gray...maybe my children will send me away there. I will be checking up on this thread though just b/c those are my two most favorite places to hear about.

I would love to hear about "must see places", any misconceptions, or funny stories. I can live vicariously through all of you! :happy:
  • XFreckle_LipX
    XFreckle_LipX Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I live in dublin in Ireland and there is lots of things to do. Lots of sights to see and you will have to of course visit 1 or 2 (or 6or 7) Irish pubs for a bit of fun when you do get to visit. There is alot to see I dont know where I would begin to be honest.....! Best of luck! :wink:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I'm a born and bred Dub (3rd generation born in Dublin)
  • JuneDukes
    JuneDukes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live near Glasgow in the West of scotland. Quite new to this site and although it shows I've only lost 3 pounds, I had actually already lost 56 pounds before joining. I just needed an extra wee bit of help. Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow.
  • Paddyrabbit
    Options
    I'm nearly ashamed to mention it, but you got to go drinking!