Alfred Angelo resizing question

Options
Not sure where to post this, but hoping somebody on here knows.

I'm going to be a bridesmaid at the end of feb. I have lost about 40 lbs since getting fitted for my dress. Yay!

But I was told they could only alter it and guarantee the same look for up to three sizes. I'm down about 2.5 sizes. And I plan to continue losing over the next 2.5 months. I'm currently losing about 10 lbs a month, so I'm anticipating going down 1 to 1.5 more sizes. 3.5 to 4 sizes difference total.

Should I order a whole new gown, or assume that the seamstress will probably be able to do good enough? Seamstress told me she couldn't make any promises, but she could alter more. Problem is that by the time final alterations are done it will be too late to get a new dress if it is needed. I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to, but I don't want it to look bad either.

A picture of the me in the dress now and 20 lbs ago is in my profile.

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I'd just chance that she could do well enough.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I see a purple dress that's form fitting only around the bust, high waisted with a flowing, chiffon flared bottom, right? Based on the design of that dress (not overall form fitting), I'd take my chances with your current dress instead of ordering another.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    It is actually the asymmetrical hem blue one. Sorry for the confusion. The purple one is just there because it is the biggest I ever was picture. The asymmetrical hem is what worries me.