Never hungry, never full

Options
Hi guys. This might seem weird, but I've noticed that I'm never really hungry, but I also never really get full either no matter how much I eat. It seems there's something wrong with my ability to feel both hunger and fullness. When I had no problem with my weight I always got hungry and full. Does this happen to any of you or am I just dreaming? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• akegley06
    akegley06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. And I have no clue why I am now currently this way. I have even asked the doctor and all he could tell me was it could be my body trying to catch up to my new exercise and weight loss routine.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Lol, welcome to my life. Sometimes i can eat a whole pizza and not feel full. And sometimes i forget to eat all day, usually when i'm busy, because my brain doesn't register that I need to eat something.

Those signals are broken in me, which is why I spent most of my life very overweight and then obese. I have trouble managing my weight without counting calories. For the most part I rely on calories to tell me when to stop eating. I can just keep going without having that guideline. I tried switching over to intuitive eating three separate times and each time I gained five pounds in a week's span. It's totally fine, I've just accepted at this point that I have to count/measure/weigh what I eat for the rest of my life.
  • stazbow
    Options
    This happens to me too.
    Rather than being something "wrong" with you, It could be what you're eating or even the portion sizes.
    Personally, I found that making my meals smaller helped with this problem, I was able to eat every 2-3 hours and after awhile i began to feel hungry around the 2-3 hr mark.
    Everybody is differant but this is what worked for me :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Well, your are probably eating smaller meals (not full) of more satiating foods (never hungry). That might explain it in part. It kind of sounds like your doctor didn't know what it meant either. LOL
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Could it be that you never feel really hungry cause your making good choices and your mistaking full feeling for stuffed feeling and you don't stuff yourself anymore?
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I never feel hungry, but can feel full. I think its our bodies adjusting to changes in our diets. I try planning to eat every couple hrs in smaller amts cuz if I eat one big meal I feel full and wouldnt eat much else and would go way under cals