nachos

Options
I have been craving nachos. The ones I like have beans, shredded chicken, shredded cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, and guacamole. Mmmmmm Does anyone have a calorie friendly version that is really good?

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    What would eating those ingredients (with plain yogurt instead of sour cream) be like? Perhaps on lettuce with a few crumbled tortilla chips on top?
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    There are FF Refried beans, Fat free sour cream, fat free shredded cheddar cheese, top with plenty of chopped lettuce & tomatoes and a sliver or 2 of avocado :)
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Baked Tostito Scoops, whole black beans, 2% cheese, Greek nonfat yogurt. Plenty of substitutions! Good luck and if you come up with a great recipe, post please!
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    I am a nacho freak also. I have recently figured out I will make vege chips to use instead of tortilla chips. I think I'm gonna try sweet potatoes first. I have calculated my calories and the tortilla chips have the largest amount of calories so if I cut those out or down I'm good. Avacoadoes are good fats, so good calories. The cheese, stick with a quarter cup and thats only 110 cals. And minimize the amount of sour cream, it's only 60cals for 2 tbsp. That doesn't seem like a lot but it really does go a long way.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    what if you made a taco salad instead . use the lowfat and lowcal versions on some of the items add lettuce instead of the chips and of course alot of salsa, sounds yummy to me