Retraining Your Idea of Portion Sizes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Its about measuring and weighing for me.
    I always want enormous amounts of red meat, I have to weigh it to know it.
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Took me a few months, I found that measuring and or weighing out foods helped me and eventually my brain "recognized" what real portions are
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The first time I realized that a serving of cereal was not an "entire bowl of cereal" I was very :frown: . It took time for me to adjust to eating one serving size and bulking it up with a banana or hard boiled egg. What really gets me is those Otis Spunkmeyer Muffins are counted as TWO servings for one muffin :noway: now that is bull poop

YEa it hurt my feelings to when I realize that a bowl of cereal is waayy more then servings size. 3/4cup...... come'on. I can eat that in 3 bites lol
    And 1/2cup of icecream!!!! smh Really. If I can't do 1 cup then I just won't eat it.
  • Corissia
    Corissia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The first time I realized that a serving of cereal was not an "entire bowl of cereal" I was very :frown: . It took time for me to adjust to eating one serving size and bulking it up with a banana or hard boiled egg. What really gets me is those Otis Spunkmeyer Muffins are counted as TWO servings for one muffin :noway: now that is bull poop

I couldn't believe my eyes either and actually my coworker brought it to my attention that the Otis Spunkmeyer Muffins are two servings!!! I had to give them up because I will eat the whole thing!! They have them in the vending machine at my job and they seemed like a good little snake but NOT FOR THOSE CALORIES :noway: lol
  • rayneoverme
    rayneoverme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody who replied. There are a lot of good tips.

Yeah, I get *really* sad and feel deprived. I've been noticing that I still eat about 200 calories more than my goal and it bums me out because I've cut out so much food already. I bought some of the Citrucel stuff so hoping that'll help my hungry stomach.