Fat burning/carb burning articles.

raymj61
raymj61 Posts: 142
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Here are links to a couple of articles that address a few things often discussed on these boards. I'm not saying everything in here is gospel, but most of it seems pretty accurate and they also address some myths about when the body burns protein or muscle etc.

In short, it's pretty encouraging if you're doing any kind of exercise at all. It goes on to say that any activity does burn a combination of fats and carbs (the percentages of each may differ with the intensity of the workout) but both aid in wt loss, and one of the articles goes on to say that the body only burns protein in extreme conditions. I'm sure a lot of you who have been at this for a while know most of this, and feel free to weigh in on how accurate these articles are.

Mainly I'm posting this to ease the minds of people who think you don't burn any fat until a certain amount of minutes into your cardio, and for the people who believe that you will start burning muscle if you're under on your calories for that day. I've seen posts concerning this on here before.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/busting-the-great-myths-of-fat-burning.html

http://health.msn.com/fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100138677

Replies

• LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    bump - thx!!!
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    These articles are awesome. Answered alot of questions for me. Thanks so much!:bigsmile:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Bumping for later because bed is calling my name *yawn* :ohwell:
  • kami28
    kami28 Posts: 15
    Thanks for these links!! bump!! :smile:
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    You're welcome. If you're short on time try to at least read the first one. It gets right to the point. The 2nd article goes into a little more detail
  • pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member
    Thats very interesting, thank you for posting.
This discussion has been closed.