Turbo Jam 8/24

Options

Replies

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody -
    I love TJ and am going to start Turbo Fire in Sept ... i think, Count me in for TJ!!! I love it!!!
    Hey .... Target has weighted gloves???? That's good to hear; i'll check it out.

I will check in on this thread too - also doing Shred :wink:

Looking forward to the journey with you all and getting to know you better,
    Janet:heart:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Is there a TJ schedule??

If so please point me in the right direction :flowerforyou:
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hurray my TJ arrived today and i wasted no time and tried it. and i have to say i really enjoyed it.
    I think I still need some time to master all the moves but hopefully I will get there. Especially the Twist if I remember the name right is tricky for me but hopefully after a while it will get automatic!
    I actually look forward to doing it again tomorrow! And trying to get better.
    In the beginning it did feel like the position you have to take is straining my knees but it got better during the workout as I tried to alter it slightly.
    I definitely have to sort out the spare room though to exercise in there. There is not really the space in room. I live in London and the afordable rented rooms are not massive. But luckily we have a spare room and my flatmates don't mind me turning it in my own little exercise room :smile:

And Hi Janet! Nice to meet you here again! I haven't read or heard much about Turbo Fire. It is a more advanced version isn't it?

And also hello Deedun. As I live in the UK I didn't have the schedule either but I found it on the internet. I'll email pm you...

So everyone happy Turbo jamming :smile:
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Is there a TJ schedule??

When I ordered my TJ package from their website it came with a 1 month "schedule" for both beginners and advanced. I think as long as you workout you'll be fine. It's more of a guiding tool I guess esp for beginners. For example the first week it tells you to do Learn and Burn for 2 days, then the 20 min workout for the next 2, then 3 days of rest before starting the next week.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have been taking the Turbo kick classes at 24 hour and I LOVE them! I bought the TJ dvd's so I can do it at home too. I hope it is just as fun! I can't wait for it to get here! I plan on getting my certification to teach this class : )
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    where can u buy this turbo jam

beachbody.com or Amazon.com i believe.
    I got mine from beachbody though
  • leesey1
    Options
    Hi Everybody -
    I love TJ and am going to start Turbo Fire in Sept ... i think, Count me in for TJ!!! I love it!!!
    Hey .... Target has weighted gloves???? That's good to hear; i'll check it out.

I will check in on this thread too - also doing Shred :wink:

Looking forward to the journey with you all and getting to know you better,

Hi Janet, I finished the 30 day shred last week, and it prepared me for this. The 30 day shred was pretty tough for me, but all that working out must have helped because I do not get out of breath doing Turbo Jam, those jumping jacks and jump really helped. I thought about doing Turbo Fire after doing TJ!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    where can u buy this turbo jam

beachbody.com or Amazon.com i believe.
    I got mine from beachbody though

I bought mine 4 years ago from Craigs List for $15 and love it to this day (its like $75 on the infomercial including shipping, I bought my gloves separately for $15).

It really helps you tone your upper body, I love it and have been doing it for 5-6 days a week for 4 years. I haven’t lost weight on it because I'm a healthy weight (5'8, 136lb) but I know it helped with my body fat percentage, I am currently 20% bf which is fitness level and I dont have to watch what I eat when I work out consistently, it fogives me of my "too many bowls of cereal sin days" ;)
  • leesey1
    Options
    Is there a TJ schedule??

yes if you got the guidebook it is page 18, i believe.

For beginner the this is the schedule, let me know if you need advnaced.

Week 1:
    M - Learn & Burn
    T- Learn & Burn
    W- 20 Min Workout
    T- 20 Min Workout
    Fri- Rest
    Sa- Rest
    Sun- Rest
    (Do Lean and Burn and the 15 min workout that follows as you want extra during week 1)

Week 2:
    M- 20 Min Workout
    T- 20 Min Workout & Ab Jam
    W- Cardio Party
    T - 20 min & Ab Jam
    F- 20 Min
    Sa- & Sun Rest

Week 3:
    M - 20 Min & Ab Jam
    T- Cardio Party
    W- Turbo Sculpt & Ab Jam
    T- Cardio Party
    F- 20 Min & Ab Jam
    Sat & Sun- Rest

Week 4:
    M - Cardio Party
    T- Turbo Sculpt & Ab Jam
    W- 20 Min
    T- Cardio Party
    F- Turbo Sculpt & Ab Jam
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thanks leesey:flowerforyou:
  • leesey1
    Options
    Well according to the schedule in the guidebook, I am to do 20 min + ab jam. i am not too tired after the 20 min so we shall see how this goes. I love when the turbo part comes up on the 20 mins, its so fun to me for some reason. How is everyone else doing so far?
  • allie7383
    Options
    I went a little off the schedule. The other day I went to the boardwalk, so I did the 20 minute workout plus cardio party. I rested for 2 days instead of 3, and today did the 20 min. Tomorrow I'm gonna do the 20 + ab jam i think.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    We had a bank holiday weekend in the UK so i fell of the waggon a bit. I decided that I want to start with the 10day kickstart schedule.
    I will do learn and burn again today and maybe one more tomorrow depending on how it goes and then give it a go. I can just do with a kick start. I am quite unhappy with myself at the moment so I think that could help me to pick myself up!

Hope you're all doing well ladies!
  • leesey1
    Options
    I went a little off the schedule. The other day I went to the boardwalk, so I did the 20 minute workout plus cardio party. I rested for 2 days instead of 3, and today did the 20 min. Tomorrow I'm gonna do the 20 + ab jam i think.

How is cardio party? Alot of people told me they didn't like it too much, & I am suppose to do it tomorrow. I did 20+ Ab jam today, and it was not bad at all you do ten min standing abs + ten mins on the floor. Nothing to get you out of breath, you can definitely feel your abs working. (if only i could see my abs. :laugh: )
  • leesey1
    Options
    We had a bank holiday weekend in the UK so i fell of the waggon a bit. I decided that I want to start with the 10day kickstart schedule.
    I will do learn and burn again today and maybe one more tomorrow depending on how it goes and then give it a go. I can just do with a kick start. I am quite unhappy with myself at the moment so I think that could help me to pick myself up!

Don't beat yourself up, you got your videos later than we did, and everyone starts at their own pace, I commend you for doing the kickstart schedule, it will work out, I know you can do it!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hi Everbody,
    just a quick check in on my lunch ~ I am drinking a protein shake for breakfast , fruit for snack , protein shake for lunch and food for dinner - probably a steak tonight .... right after I Turbo!!!
    I personally dont care for regular cardio party - there is a segment in there with these squats that are just brutal!! but it's waaaaaay better than many of the dvds that I have tried prior to getting introduced to TJ. CP 2 and 3 i enjoy much better.
    I shredded early this morning before work and plan on either CP or CP2 when I get home.

It's been a while my opinion may have changed, :laugh:

Make it a great day everyone,
  • Dragonfly11
    Options

Hi Daisy,
    Sometimes a little workout is just what we need to lift our mood!! I know for me i feel like i'm in the solution when i'm working out - even if i've fallen off the wagon!! it happens to all of us :smile: hang in there; you'll be back to your old self in no time at all!!

Take care,
    Janet
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Thanks for you comment Leesey!!
    I have to say I have changed my mind again...you might have noticed I am really not good at making decisions.:blushing:

What I am going to do now is the advanced schedule. I will start this on Monday as I like having rest days on the weekend. Until then I will just try out the workouts. Today I have done L&B for the 2nd time and I enjoyed it again. I think tomorrow I might try the Burn bit again only to master the moves a bit more and I might try the 20min one after. And then I'll try out Ab Jam and Cardio Party during the rest of the week. I won't do Turbo Sculpt for now as in the schedule it only comes in week 2 so I'll leave it till then.

I will do the 10 day schedule at some point but I would like to do it with the recommended diet and at the moment I don't have much cash so cannot buy all the stuff that is on the menu.

I look forward to the proper start on Monday and to try out the other workouts. Even though I have only done it twice now I really like it so far. I just feel really energised and cheerful afterwards!

I hope you're doing all fine ladies. Which schedule are you following or are you just doing it your own way?
  • allie7383
    Options
    Leesey, I liked CP. I did read other people didn't care too much for it, but I enjoyed it. I was def tired during the last segments, but I liked the Turbo portion a lot.

Daisy, I've been doing kind of a mix between the given schedule and my own. The other day I didn't stretch enough I guess, and my right leg was hurting so I may lay off TJ tomorrow and do another day of Leslie Sansone instead. As long as you're getting the exercise in, hey do whatever you feel I say!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi Janet
    Thanks for your kind words!

And Allie who is Leslie Sanson? Never heard it before....I'll check it on google...

I actually look forward to Turbo Jam tonight...strange :laugh: