Need help with my exercise plan!!

I'm in a dilemma right now, I'm not sure how I should plan my workouts every week!

Currently, I have planned the following:

Monday: 3km-5km run

Tuesday: 80 minutes full body strength training (Nike training club)

Wednesday : 1 hour hiit

Thursday: 80 minutes Nike training club toning

Friday: 3km-6km run

Saturday: 80 minutes Nike training club toning

Sunday: 3km-6km run.

That's what I've been doing for the past week or two.

Is it sufficient? How should I change it up? I have hockey trainings too but currently it's off season, so I've been doing my own training. Otherwise, on Tuesdays and Thursday, I'll be having pretty vigorous hockey training for 2-3 hours.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Is it sufficient for what?
  • I am exhausted from just reading it but if you feel that it is enough for you or if you need to change things or even just swap your routine around weekly
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    not fancying a rest day?
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Yes, how about a rest day!
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    agree with above.... might want to plan to rest at some point.

What are your goals? This plan seems well enough, but without knowing what you want to achieve...hard to say if its sufficient!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,779 Member
    18 yo female eating (not netting) 1200-1400 cals/day. In for the ensuing chaos. Hmm, no maybe I'll stay outta this one.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    If you can do HIIT for an hour, then it is not HIIT. HIIT should be 20-25 minutes if you are doing it right, as you will have nothing left to be able to go for longer.

Other than that too much/too little will come down to how you are fueling your body (Cals, macros) and fitness goals.
  • oh I was hoping to become more toned but at the same time lose fat.

I'm not sure if it is enough exercise?

ALSO, I am wondering, if the ratio of cardio to strength is good or should I do more strength/more cardio?

AND, is nike training club (the app) a good enough strength training workout?
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    It's too much exercise. Specifically, too much cardio. If you want to lose fat and look lean, you want to focus on strength training and use cardio only if you have problems with self-control in your diet and need to give yourself a calorie cushion. Cardio is nice for heart and lung health, but has no real bearing on losing fat other than being one of several ways to create a calorie deficit. I seriously doubt that nike training club is a good strength training workout, but I'm honestly just saying that because it sounds like it's not. Try to focus on something that uses compound barbell lifts, like Starting Strength, Stronglifts, etc. You will stimulate every muscle group in your body, putting a strain on them that will signal your body to retain the lean muscle you have and not burn it off as it would prefer when you're eating in a deficit.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Given your goals I would suggest less cardio 2-3 days/week should be fine, no reason to to more than 20-30 minutes of HIIT on those days, or you could choose to do no cardio and get the same weight/fat loss anyway. I would suggest cardio if you are training for an event or looking at strengthening your heart, or increasing endurance, or just becasue you would like to eat more and still lose weight.

As for strength training, I would suggest looking into Starting Strength (Book and program), New Rules of Lifting for Women (Book and Program), or strong-lifts 5x5 (program).

These are all beginner strength training program and combining any of these, with a little cardio and a properly fueled diet (small caloric deficit, and plenty of protein) you will get the results you mentioned "become more toned but at the same time lose fat" as you put it. The strength training program, combined with a small deficit, and enough protein will help ensure that most of the weight you lose is fat and not lean muscle and fat, giving you the more "toned" look at your goal weight.
  • Alright! Thanks!
  • Hi.. Can’t say anything specially unless knowing your age, goal etc.. You can continue with your hockey practicing. You can practice yourself or can join any hockey training camps . So that you can get trained as well as will get physical exercises. My brother is undergoing training in Rich Heinz and heard it is quite good.
  • Well I'm 18, gonna be 19 in a month and a half and I'm hoping to look more toned and lose fat. I know we are supposed to aim to be the best versions of ourselves but I can't help but have a so called "goal body" to keep myself motivated to achieve my goals. Currently, my goal body is: http://fitness-girl.tumblr.com/image/69461980861

And

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/19246900/anorexia-body-fit-girl-skinny-Favim.com-220924_thumb.jpg

And yeah. I'm currently about this size...
    http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Danielle+Campbell+Tyler+Perry+Madea+Witness+6Nha-6-Jq8Nl.jpg
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    No, you are a slacker. Stop being such a pansy. Ever heard of doing a marathon every day?
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Well I'm 18, gonna be 19 in a month and a half and I'm hoping to look more toned and lose fat. I know we are supposed to aim to be the best versions of ourselves but I can't help but have a so called "goal body" to keep myself motivated to achieve my goals. Currently, my goal body is: http://fitness-girl.tumblr.com/image/69461980861

And

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/19246900/anorexia-body-fit-girl-skinny-Favim.com-220924_thumb.jpg

And yeah. I'm currently about this size...
    http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Danielle+Campbell+Tyler+Perry+Madea+Witness+6Nha-6-Jq8Nl.jpg

When your goal body has "anorexia" in the NAME, you may want to reevaluate your body image goals.