HELP! I feel like I am eating too much...but still not reach

Options
Hi There,

I feel like I am eating so much but I still cant seem to reach min 1200 calories a day. Does anyone have any tips on how to better plan my meals and calorie count??

Replies

• dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have learned to eat healthy between breakfast and lunch and supper and bedtime. It has made a difference and am finalyy getting over 1000 cals. Today I kinda went over but most days I barely hit it but keep trying...you will get there.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Check this thread out (from today) - it has some really good ideas for higher calorie (but still healthy) foods.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/115196-can-t-find-enough-to-eat
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Try 300 calories for breakfast, lunch and dinner (each meal) and 100 calorie snacks 3 times a day! A handful of almonds, a glass of milk, or a tablespoon of peanut butter can add some calories for you and good nutrition, too!

Try to fill your plates with lots of veggies and fruits!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on another thread but will copy over here too ...

I always tell people - one big bit of peanut butter can equal 300 calories - 25% of your daily intake right there.

Also, if you are busy all day and night - try to make an effort to eat a big breakfast - not like overeat, but make it your largest and main meal of the day and then just snack the rest. You don't have to eat "meals".

Try an omelet with some WW toast some juice and a piece of fruit for breakfast
    bring along 2 pieces of fruit to work. - maybe a couple T of PB for dipping if you need to get your cals in
    Bring some tuna and some crackers (I love tuna with lemon juice on Ritz)
    a healthy granola bar
    some 100% veggie/fruit juice
    some raw veggies (if you like them, i hate them, but do like s good salad ... once again, lemon juice as dressing! so good!). you can put some sliced chicken breast in here with the salad or veggies.

That's a full day there.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I used to "wag my finger" at people on there who continually eat less than 1,200 calories but I've been finding that as my stomach shrinks and I eat more and more healthy it's been increasingly difficult for me to eat 1,200 and above. Sometimes I'll actually have to force myself to eat more in the evenings to get my calories up. This isn't an every day event but it's happening more and more often.

Also I weigh 340 lbs and know that I need WAY more calories than the average person on this site. I'm thinking - Sheesh, if it's this hard to eat my daily calories now, I can't imagine how much harder it's going to get as I drop more and more weight and my body needs less and less to function.
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks all .. so helpful. I now have a better idea on how to manage this. Thank you
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    you can always try a meal replacement shake. It works for me =) just remember that its a misconception to think that if we eat less..we'll lose more. if you eat less than 1200 cals you'll go in starvation mode and then you'll body will start to store the food instead of burning it... and no one wants that =) Hi cal foods like peanuts are great too, brown rice cakes, brown rice and pasta :) hope it helps!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Id recommend eating a higher calorie breakfast, and try and perhaps have your carbs with lunch instead of dinner :)
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have the same problem... even went to the Dr and had her read my food journal(before I started journalling online in July), and I was perplexed, and DEPRESSED at how in 6 weeks I managed to gain 7lbs! I am 5'9, and weigh 295. SO I WAS MAD! My friend and my Dr both told me to add approx 900-1000cal a day to what I was eating! (I was staying under 1,200!) In the last 3 weeks I have lost 7 lbs, Odd how we have to eat more to lose... very different then how I was taught growing up! Now I have an issue eating ENOUGH calories! I do know now that I wasn't even eating 200 calories for breakfast! So I have re-vamped! I Added nuts, and an extra piece of fruit, and more cheese.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you!! I know being on this site has REALLY helped me change in the last 2 months!
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thanks .. do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    thanks .. do you eat back your exercise calories?
    I rarely eat back my exercise calories - or if I do I might eat back some of them. Like if I burn 400 cals in exercise I might eat back 200 of them. But most days I try not to eat back my exercise calories.