I know its wrong but...

jobaby21
jobaby21 Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I gained 8lbs in the last 4 months. When my fiance proposed I decided I wanted to lose the weight I gained because I want to look perfect for my wedding.

What's wrong is that I started counting my calories and I am no where close to meeting the 1200 calories required...
A) I am on the go all day...I work at an elementary school and then I go straight to class....Being so busy sometimes I forget to eat.
B) I don't know if its from working out but I feel like I have had a curved appetite....when I do eat I'm really not that hungry...

HELP?

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    I always tell people - one big bit of peanut butter can equal 300 calories - 25% of your daily intake right there.

Plus... not to be mean, but if you have gained weight ... well, you are getting your calories in. :) Keep food with you and plan your meals in advance. It will keep you from forgetting to eat and also from making poor decisions once you remember and are in a hurry.

Also, if you are busy all day and night - try to make an effort to eat a big breakfast - not like overeat, but make it your largest and main meal of the day and then just snack the rest. You don't have to eat "meals".

Try an omelet with some WW toast some juice and a piece of fruit for breakfast
    bring along 2 pieces of fruit to work. - maybe a couple T of PB for dipping if you need to get your cals in
    Bring some tuna and some crackers (I love tuna with lemon juice on Ritz)
    a healthy granola bar
    some 100% veggie/fruit juice
    some raw veggies (if you like them, i hate them, but do like s good salad ... once again, lemon juice as dressing! so good!). you can put some sliced chicken breast in here with the salad or veggies.

That's a full day there.
  • hmlayman
    hmlayman Posts: 70
    I looked at your pictures and you look great! I wouldn't suggest losing anymore, you are very slim and healthy looking
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    First of all, I second the motion you look great. But I also understand being crazy busy. Being in an elementary school can be crazy at times. Pick up some meal bars that you like possibly. They are easy to eat when you have a few moments. Another idea is some nuts, dried fruit, dates. Dates are sweet and calories are a little high but they are packed with alot of good things.

Not eating will backfire on you.
    So don't let that happen to you.

Congrats on your engagement.:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • thanks for all the food advice girls!!
    and just fyi the one picture i have up is from before the weight gain...
    i gained weight mostly during the summer while i was outta work and outta school.
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Peanut butter has become a great friend of mine. Great calorie intake and great protein consumption as well.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Peanut butter has become a great friend of mine. Great calorie intake and great protein consumption as well.

Not to mention it tastes GREAT TOO! :bigsmile:
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Eat whenever you can!
    Try to carry something with you so you can eat whenever you have time.
    Also, I'd suggest you switch off all fat free or diet products to regulars. For example that Lactaid Fat Free Milk. You should also consider a protein supplement. Those shakes can taste really good too!

Sometimes I have had a hard time too (usually after a real hard workout day) and a couple of times I have resorted to a couple of spoonfuls of rapeseed oil to fill the gap.
  • canstey
    canstey Posts: 118
    If you gained weight then you ate over 1200 calories a day so you either underestimated the calories in the meal or you are missing some food/snack. You could easily be under estimating if you eat the school lunch. They may be kid's portions but they are loaded with calories. Probably somewhere between 500 and 1000 depending on the specific meal. Plus I know there is usually some extra food here and there at school for teachers if someone had a birthday or a parent sent in cookies so those type of things usually are dismissed but add up fast. I understand that many teachers are too busy to eat during the day but then that can lead to late night eating to near binging. Also eating out for dinner at any sit-down restaurant is pretty much an automatic 1000+ calories. If you are exceptionally careful about your choices and eat less than half of the meal you could get out for around 500-600 calories.

If you aren't doing so already, pack your own lunch every day. No need to shakes or other "meal replacement" type stuff. Just a good sandwich with healthy sides. If you don't normally eat breakfast and don't feel the need to because you are not hungry until lunch, that may be an indication you are eating a lot at night and it carries you through to lunch the next day. As long as you are logging absolutely every bit of food accurately and keep to your calorie goals then it doesn't matter but you might make a conscious effort to eat very little at night (maybe a fruit like a peach, banana, or apple) just to see how you respond.
This discussion has been closed.