Looking for New Buddies, Perhaps Even Some Local Ones?

Options
Hey there! I'm 26 extremely overweight and trying to change it! I'm currently enrolled at Snap Fittness and have been trying to eat better. Now I need some buddies to share in the experience, friends always make things better right? My plan is to loose 100 lbs in year thats 2 pounds a week, very possible no?
So this struggle is going to be hard, there will be laughs, there will be tears.

And I want to share with some of you. Please add me =)

Replies

• wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hi I will add you :) I am 27 and overweight as well. My goal is pretty similar to yours I am trying to lose 56 lbs in about 6 months. You can do this!!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    When someone is "extremely" overweight, a good chunk of weight usually comes off pretty quick as long as you're eating calories at a deficit. I was around 300 pounds and lost the first 50-ish without even attempting to lose weight just because I got too poor to go out for meals anymore and had to make everything for myself at home. I've done another 70 ish since August. Totally do-able. You can dooo iiiiit!
  • 143MiVida
    Options
    Hi I want to wish you well for prioritising yourself - I am learning that its such a good feeling.
    In September I joined a transformation gym for three months which came with a personal trainer twice a week and a dietician for weigh-ins every two weeks. three months later I lost a total 15kgs (which includes 1+kgs I had gained). When my the contract ended I was at 115.7kgs. Now i'm on my own since end November and have kept myself focussed joining an online program (don't know if I can mention the name as it may appear as advertising). Anyway over the past month my weight is down to 113.8kgs.

With the dietician I learnt that the key to losing weight is in what you are eating - now I keep up with watching my eating cos exercising on my own isn't so charming which is where I also need a buddy. I am willing share all the workouts found on youtube if you are interested for us to buddy up on exercise routines.
  • 143MiVida
    Options
    btw those are not my legs :-) - its what im striving towards