Phase One Complete (110+ pounds lost in 8 months)

Options

Replies

• ccarew77
    ccarew77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW!!!!!
    You are such an inspiration to others and I hope for YOURSELF!
    Way to go.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    This is one man’s story of how he went from hopelessly thinking that losing weight was inconceivable to making it happen. In this post I’ll tell you how I lost over 110 pounds in 8 months.
    Very cool. Congratulations!
  • klvluvbsb
    klvluvbsb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and doing all the hard work your self and no 'diet gimicks' Keep it up!
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am incredibly impressed by all that you've been able to accomplish! I would like to thank you for sharing as much information as you did - that is amazing work! It sounds like you worked REALLY hard to get there and didn't rely on excuses! Good for you! You have provided a very inspiring story!
  • rrcorleto
    rrcorleto Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Simply inspirational. Thx for sharing.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you!
  • Tctr
    Tctr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!!

I'm 6ft too, started just a month and a half after you. Found it interesting that we both progressed at roughly the same rate.

Started at 315 and am now 210.

Good points at the end there.
  • MasterKat
    Options
    You are a rock star! Keep up the fantastic work!! :bigsmile:
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing achievement!
  • Corissia
    Corissia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just weanted to say that I am very proud of you and the work and effort you have put into your health. Keep up the amazing work and continue to be an example for those middle age adults who have gotten use to the new norm which is being overweight and unhealthy.
  • SusanO1955
    Options
    <<fist bump>> Wow, man, what an inspiration you are!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm so moved by the responses you folks have given, and I'm a cynical old fart that's not prone to being moved. I thank you each and every one.

Here are some specific answers and responses:

To wittman01
    You have awesome long term goals-is that what keeps you motivated and on track?

To some degree, I'd say though, that micro goals keep me more on track. Every day, every meal, every snack, every workout is its own goal. For example, if I can have a snack that's 80 calories of peanut butter cup, and I don't go for the second one... goal achieved.

To Yael1733
    For me the best feeling was going from having to push myself up off the couch because I didn't trust my knees to handle the stress without support, to cycling 52 miles in one shot this past summer. It's great being able to live life again, isn't it?

Oh heavens yes! Getting off the couch now without it being a 5-step process is another one of my favorite NSVs, not to mention being able to sit on someone's furniture without needing to analyze its structural integrity to make sure I don't break it. Now I intentionally jump up from sitting down just to show off to myself. Major congrats to you for your achievement too!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wonderful accomplishment!
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well done! That is a huge accomplishment! Keep up the good work!
  • tgibson0014
    tgibson0014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WOW - CONGRATULATIONS! You are doing a GREAT job!! Very inspirational!! I enjoyed the read, so thank you for sharing.
  • hellakitties
    hellakitties Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is both inspiring and well-written. It was really fun to read! Congratulations on your progress and good luck with Phase 2!
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think this is one of my all time favourite success stories.
    I'm really impressed. And the points at the end are the gold mine. Agreed resistance/lifting is important at all times :)
    Thanks for sharing!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    simply fantastic! You can really see the changes your body has undertaken! Keep on going!
  • rosanahizon
    rosanahizon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Outstanding results sir. Thank you for the detailed information too! So inspiring. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!