Strength Training Video Recommendation?

Options
I'm looking to start strength training. I'd like a recommendation for a good strength training video. I have freeweights and a barbell at home so I'd like to use that equipment rather than going to a gym. In the past I've used Firm videos. I guess I'm looking to lift a little heavier (a la NRLFW) once I work up to it but I do better following a video than working from exercises in a book.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    it's really not feasible to follow a true strength training program by video. setup, lifting time, and recovery are going to vary from person to person, plus when you've got 150 pounds over your head it's best to concentrate on form, and not what's on the telly. there are videos with people holding weights or kettlebells or what have you, but those are cardio dvds masquerading as something they are not.

follow NROL, SS, SL and use youtube for you form questions
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    it's really not feasible to follow a true strength training program by video. setup, lifting time, and recovery are going to vary from person to person, plus when you've got 150 pounds over your head it's best to concentrate on form, and not what's on the telly. there are videos with people holding weights or kettlebells or what have you, but those are cardio dvds masquerading as something they are not.

follow NROL, SS, SL and use youtube for you form questions

:laugh: telly