Last Time I'm Asking

Options
Changed my research paper to marriage and gender roles. I need help with my Hypothesis? We need 5 hypothesis statements. My topic is Marriage and Gender Roles. The thesis statements need to be like this:

Individuals who are ___________ are more likely to be __________ than individuals who are not ___________.

All of our hypothesis need to be stated like that and I need 5. I need some suggestions! PLEASE

Replies

• mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Changed my research paper to marriage and gender roles. I need help with my Hypothesis? We need 5 hypothesis statements. My topic is Marriage and Gender Roles. The thesis statements need to be like this:

Individuals who are ___________ are more likely to be __________ than individuals who are not ___________.

All of our hypothesis need to be stated like that and I need 5. I need some suggestions! PLEASE
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    tsk tsk, you should do your homework on your own.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Wow, hey, I thought that paper was due today? I'm single so if all 5 of your H's are supposed to be about married folk, I can't help.
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Wow, hey, I thought that paper was due today? I'm single so if all 5 of your H's are supposed to be about married folk, I can't help.

it is due today =) By 11:59pm. I've got all of my journals and sources etc-- just cant think of what angles i can go at for my hypothesis
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    individuals who are MARRIED are more likely to be OVERWEIGHT than individuals that are not MARRIED.

GOOD LUCK!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    good one mickie dawn!!!! and we can help w/ the whys! lol

sigh...hugs!
    Ali
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Individuals who are mothers are more likely to be have 10 times more grey than individuals who are not mothers.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    What about "individuals who are more educated tend to be less stuck in the stereotypical roles of those who are uneducated" ??? I don't know any of the research behind gender roles...but, I did do a lot of BSing back in college:) Good luck!!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Individuals who are male are more likely to be self centered than individuals who are not male.
    Yes, speaking from a married woman personal experience :explode:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • athenakay
    athenakay Posts: 15
    Options
    Individuals who are free of debt are more likely to have marriage contentment than those who are not debt free.
    (I couldn't come up with just a "one word" fill in the blank.
  • cjlen
    cjlen Posts: 1
    Options
    First you need to decide on a focus- what is it about Gender/Marriage roles that you want to explain to others? You can't write a thesis statement without first knowing your focus. Parenting? Breadwinners? Once you figure that out- decide what your opinion is- Your thesis should state your topic and opinion.

Individuals who are _____ are more likely to be __________ than individuals who are _________.

the problem with this statment is that no where in here does it tell the reader you are even discussing marriage or gender roles-

Here are two examples:

1) Married couples often get stuck in stereotypical gender roles when parenting, while those who are not married are free to explore alternative parenting options.

2) Children from two parents households grow up with a better understanding of gender roles than children who do not come from families with two parents.

Personally, I don't think either of these are true-- I'm just writing off the top of my head. Decide on what you believe and what you can prove- then write the statement- doing it the other way around is difficult and doesn't make a lot of sense.

Hope this is helpful and not getting to you too late.

Cjlen
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    Good Luck meeting your goals !!! :flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Individuals who are MARRIED are more likely to be STRESSED than individuals who are not MARRIED.

Individuals who are MARRIED are more likely to be LESS STRESSED than individuals who are not MARRIED.

Individuals who are MARRIED are more likely to be PARENTS than individuals who are not MARRIED.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Individuals who are MARRIED are more likely to be STAY-AT-HOME PARENTS than individuals who are not MARRIED.

You could even go a step further and say:

Individuals who are FEMALE & MARRIED are more likely to be STAY-AT-HOME MOMS than individuals who are not MARRIED & FEMALE.

None of these probably help but GOOD LUCK anyway! :glasses:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Individuals who are female are more likely to be stay at home parents than individuals who are male.
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    How about

Individuals who don't do their own homework and more likely to be unsuccessful in life than individuals who do...

I understand being stuck but you most likely had a lot of time to come up with these answers before it was due... asking other people to do it for you is defeating the purpose of a research paper...

Not to be preachy but really... this is a weight loss and healthy living message board not a homework help line...

Jenn

P.S. sorry if I have offended but this is my opinion
  • cajunforfun
    Options

If these are marriage surveys and on a weight loss site:

Individuals who are female and feel better about their appearance through weight loss are more likely to be adventurous (physically and sexually) than individuals who are not lossing weight.

Individuals who are female and feel better about their appearance through weight loss are more likely to be have an improved self image and feel more empowered is other areas of their life than individuals who are not lossing weight.

Or one that is more verifiable:

Individuals who are female and have had a nose job within the last year are more likely to be divorced within a year of the operation than individuals who are not receiving the operations

Empowerment and positve reenforcement provide people with the confidence to make a difference in their lives.