resistance bands?

Options
What are the benefits if resistance bands when training and where can I get them at a good price online?x thanks!

Replies

• sasajs
    Options
    I got a set from Amazon. I have been super happy with them as it is easier to train with then free weights, no spotter needed! They really do work, my arms and chest are dropping in fat and building in muscle mass. Benefits for me are that they are cheap, you do not need to go to a gym, no spotter necessary, and can be thrown in a travel bag and used with the door anchor attachment.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Mountain-Products-Resistance-Exercise/dp/7245456313/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1387218779&sr=1-1&keywords=black+mountain+resistance+bands
  • taoistpunk
    taoistpunk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I picked mine up at 5 & Below...then I purchased a Door Anchor Strap from Amazon for 10$. I use it all the time. We live in a small townhome with WAY too much furniture, and I have a treadmill, as well as some heavier dumbells, but I get a wider range of exercises out of the resistance bands.

I adjust by wrapping, so I get more, or less resistance depending on the exercise I'm doing. Really like it for my squats. They are a cheap and useful addition to a home setup. Lots of great free videos on youtube as well.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Oh absolutely, Rage Against The Machine, Sex Pistols, The Clash - - I could go on and on. Love that good old fashioned rebel music.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I picked mine up at a local big box store(Meijer). I want to say they were about 8 dollars each. I use them all the time, but the best part is just tossing them into my luggage and taking them where ever I happen to be going. No excuses.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Try Amazon or Ebay. I occasionally see them at Five Below, too.

If used properly, they are very good for strengthening the muscles. You need to have enough resistance and do enough with it to wear out the muscle, similar to using heavier dumbbells. My profile picture is a combination lunge and biceps curl.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I got my first resistance band in a DVD set where they use the band for all the exercises.
    And then I invested in a resistance band/tube from Walmart for $7 basically, 'cause it has the handles. It makes it MUCH easier with the handles.
    I think it has definitely upped my upper body strength from using them.