Experienced less cravings when stopped drinking diet coke???

Options
2»

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Thank u for ur responses :) I have to admit im alittle surprised to find that for most of u it didnt decrease cravings.....and alittle disappointed i have to admit. I wanted to hear that it did marvelous things for cravings if u stopped drinking it lol.

There are MANY of us who can testify to diet pop causing us health problems and that those health problems went away after quitting... but then we get ridiculed off the thread. So, that's why you are not hearing from people like me (and I'm going away right after this comment).

If you want it, have it. I don't touch any kind of soda and I NEVER consume artificial sweeteners. But that's just me.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Nope. I thought it did at first. But really it didn't. Now having diet soda keeps me from going crazy on other stuff.
  • lnettles87
    lnettles87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've heard before that drinking diet soda affects your brain's ability to equate sweetness with calories. Perhaps this is why I notice that when I am good about limiting or eliminating my diet soda intake I don't eat nearly as many sweets.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My sensitivity to sweetness has increased since I quit drinking any diet soda in favor of water or iced tea (with 1 packet sugar) over six years ago. I also lost 5lb of water weight in the first two weeks.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I've heard before that drinking diet soda affects your brain's ability to equate sweetness with calories. Perhaps this is why I notice that when I am good about limiting or eliminating my diet soda intake I don't eat nearly as many sweets.

AGREED!
  • huv123
    huv123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes! I used to have up to 60-70 ounces at times. It wasn't so much stopping diet coke but changing to caffeine free. It was by accident (i.e., I couldn't access diet coke for a week) but it made such a difference to my appetite. I have cut down on how much I drink by more than half. I hope to get to the point where I replace it with water altogether, but it's more important to me that I lower my calories at the moment so I stick with caffeine free to keep me sane.
  • eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I find diet soda to be mildly satiating rather than hunger-inducing.

Yep, same here
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Used to drink alot of soft drinks like pepsi and coke over a year ago. Now days i just drink water as anything overly sweet makes me extremely hungry even after a big meal. I dont mind a sweet every now and then but the consequences still remain.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I was a 6-8 Diet Coke per day'er. I have less cravings for sugary foods in general compared to other times I've lost weight and was still on Diet Coke.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few issues with colas, fruit, and soda drinks one is not very well known. This is they are high in salicylate. I need to know because I need to keep levels of this toxin extremely low to have any quality of life now. I used to eat and drink the usual things use perfumes and domestic and personal hygiene products with fragrances but now I can't. I have so many potential issues and would not wish any of the on anyone else. This is a dose related issue and because of this it has variable effects.

There is a salicylate sensitive web site. But anyone who wishes can come back to me about salicylate.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat more salty things like fries and potato chips when I'm drinking sweet bubbly drinks.