The Best Fitbit for Me?

Options
Hi all! I'm 53 and pretty much a couch potato, which needs to change. I had an RNY Bypass on 11/5/13 and am slowly getting good enough with my diet that I want to start increasing my activity. I have fibromyalgia, which makes things interesting, and I wear a BiPAP at night, partially thanks to severe TMJ Disease. I am thinking about getting a FitBit, so I am interested in hearing from those of you who have one as to which one you think would be best for me. I don't do a lot of stair climbing, so I'm debating the Flex vs. the Zip. I'd especially like to hear from folks who have the Flex and CPAP/BiPAP machines. Me, I'm fighting my BiPAP at night, and my WLS folks tell me it's because I've lost weight but my doctor's office says that I've only lost something like 13 pounds since my last sleep study. Thanks in advance for all your input!

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Flex or cpap but I think you'd like a Fitbit. Different people will have different preferences but I'd prefer the Zip. I tried a Flex and didn't like wearing it. I thought it was ugly and I'm a little claustrophobic. I like the Fitbits that clip to my clothes. I can stick it on my bra, waistband or PJs and forget about it.

If you're the type to forget you have it on and are likely to launder it, get the Flex. Otherwise, I'd save a few bucks and get a Zip.

Oh wait, the Zip doesn't track sleep. Do you need that? If so, I'd get the One.