Irrational thing that irritates me

Options
ren_ascent
ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
When a character in a movie is driving but not watching the road. It drives me NUTS! I'm like "watch the road already don't you know how to drive!!!".

Your turn, dish on something silly that makes you bonkers.

Replies

• KaylaBushman
    Options
    In scary movies where they walk towards the creepy sound coming from the closed closet to see what it is.... Like HELLO!!!! have they never seen a scary movie before?
  • ren_ascent
    Options
    In scary movies where they walk towards the creepy sound coming from the closed closet to see what it is.... Like HELLO!!!! have they never seen a scary movie before?

Well, in my opinion those people don't deserve to live LOL! Thin out the gene pool thank you very much!
  • KaylaBushman
    Options
    so true!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When a character in a movie is driving but not watching the road. It drives me NUTS! I'm like "watch the road already don't you know how to drive!!!".

Your turn, dish on something silly that makes you bonkers.
    OMG! Me, too. Who drives like that???
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Nothing to do with a movie, but I HATE when people bang dishes or doors. It must just be the loud noise I hate, because I want to scream at them for being so LOUD about it. I think it startles me.
  • AmberJewelCR
    Options
    I have something new. Christmas related. MIL asked what my husband wanted for Christmas. So I gave her a list of things. Told her, "He's been talking a lot about loose leaf tea, Don't get him an infuser, I already got him one."

So what does she get him?! A F***ing TEA INFUSER!!!! UGH!
  • ren_ascent
    Options
    Nothing to do with a movie, but I HATE when people bang dishes or doors. It must just be the loud noise I hate, because I want to scream at them for being so LOUD about it. I think it startles me.

Movie reference not required. My daughter does this high pitched thing with her voice and between the pitch and the volume I'm hard pressed to stay calm while I'm explaining yet again she needs to NOT make that sound!
  • ren_ascent
    Options
    I have something new. Christmas related. MIL asked what my husband wanted for Christmas. So I gave her a list of things. Told her, "He's been talking a lot about loose leaf tea, Don't get him an infuser, I already got him one."

So what does she get him?! A F***ing TEA INFUSER!!!! UGH!

LOL! My husband told me "don't tell me what you want for Christmas because then it won't be a suprise". He'd rather I be suprised with something I don't want. Logic.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    When, during a scene, say, someone hair is down, and then it pans out to see both people, and then back to the same person and their hair is tucked behind their ear, when they hadn't moved! What the hell, directors, get with it! lol
  • AmberJewelCR
    Options
    When, during a scene, say, someone hair is down, and then it pans out to see both people, and then back to the same person and their hair is tucked behind their ear, when they hadn't moved! What the hell, directors, get with it! lol

Ugh, this too! Although, I look for it now lol
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Fast and the furious must drive you crazy then.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    When you tell one of your children that they needed to do something a long time ago and they respond "I was THINKING about it." :explode:
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    When you tell one of your children that they needed to do something a long time ago and they respond "I was THINKING about it." :explode:

oh you said IRRATIONAL!! :huh:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    The only thing I hate is when people sing in movies. Don't do that.

Yeah, I don't do musicals.
  • AmberJewelCR
    Options

How about "I don't know". Do they live in your house? They do in mine... Them and their friend "It wasn't me"
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Crunching noises.

I know it is not possible to chew a chip/carrot/ice cube - whatever - without crunching. They are crunchy. I get it. But, holy hell :explode: :mad: :grumble:
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Speaking of odd movie/TV quirks, have you ever noticed characters NEVER say "goodbye" or "bye" before ending a phone call? They just hang up.

When characters are eating Chinese food, they NEVER use plates. They are always eating right out of the containers.

I think I am weird for noticing these things...oh well. Still drives me bonkers.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    One of my strange quarks/hobbies is I looking for continuity issues in movies: hair up then hair down, swept back or over the shoulder, watches, stances. If someone's shirt is tucked in or not, windows in the car are up and then down and then up again... etc... drives my wife NUTS!! Especially if I do it to a movie she really likes!! "OH! DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!"

But my kids... ugh.. my kids... they'll drag our wooden kitchen chairs across the wood floor and it makes this GOD AWFUL vibrating wood, teeth clenching noise that makes me wanna scream. I'll usually just pick the chair up and carry to where they want it.
  • ren_ascent
    Options

oh you said IRRATIONAL!! :huh:

Yeah, that seems completely justifiable irritation. You and the "I don't know"/"It wasn't me" comments need not apply. However, you both sound like you need a :drinker:
  • john062
    john062 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ed5g.jpg