Options
2»

Replies

• tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Try this program from the Mayo Clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/walking/SM00060

It is a walking program that builds weekly.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby! If you can't get to the dr yet, why not start something easy, like just going out for a walk? That way you're moving without over doing it? If you live somewhere cold, if you have a local mall, go there and walk, if you're in warmer weather areas, get outside and enjoy.

Set up your profile, see your calories and eat that, don't try to do extreme weight loss plans where they set goals of 1200 or less, drink lots of water and log every.single.bite of food you eat. Get a food scale if you don't have one, they are the best thing to have and are more accurate than eyeballing foods. Good luck and definitely make an appt with a dr!
  • dancingmuffin
    dancingmuffin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    hey im just starting my self i weigh 300 looking to lose 150 i will say this if you want to do a video try richard simmons sweatin to the oldies. Some may say lame but i am enjoying it and i am uncordinated as all hell so sometime i cant quite keep up but hell it is fun. Find sonthing fun that you like to do and keep at it.
  • Mom_2_3Boys
    Options
    First of all congrats to you for deciding to make a change. Your health is the best gift you can give yourself and your family and I am starting to realize that myself. I would certainly consult with a physician in regards to your diet, how many calories is suggested especially since you are still considered postpartum. As far as exercise the best way to start working is walking.. you cannot go wrong with walking. You can walk around your neighborhood, the mall or even better since it is the winter months there are workout videos you can do where you walk in home, that is what I am doing when I cannot workout at the gym. I use Leslie Sansone walking workout videos, there are no awkward movements and you can't get the movements wrong. That is a great way to start, see results and build confidence. If you want to join a gym I use Planet Fitness and I love it because it is normal people! I am currently 263lbs so I know how it feels being embarrassed at the gym but I can tell you, there is no embarrassment felt at this gym at all. Whatever you decide to do, start small and build up even if it is working out for 10-15 minutes, it is a start and your body is moving.

Best wishes to you and your family!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    All good advice as far as I can see....Definitely check with the doctor as to what they'd recommend you do or don't do, but even before you do that you can start with the little things that make big differences, like walking a little more and making sure you only have healthy food in the house. If there's a bag of chips staring you in the face every time you open the cupboard, it's just going to make things more challenging. Keep the good stuff around for snacking. Rice crackers with hummus....veggies veggies veggies! Mmmm. Now, I'm not usually much of a veggie snacker, but I find I'm more likely to go for that if I've already got it cut up into smaller snacky sizes, so as soon as I buy my carrots, cucumbers etc, I cut them up and put them in tupperware in the fridge. Much easier to grab a couple if you're hungry and they're ready to go.....as opposed to thinking ''hmm....don't have time to cut anything up, I'll go for this convenient but less healthy option instead". But maybe that's just me. lol.
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! It won't happen overnight. You just need to have the correct mindset and remember this is a life style change not I diet! Good luck!