Back at it Again

Hi everyone! First time poster, but this is my third attempt at My Fitness Pal and probably my tenth time trying to lose weight. I've reach goal twice before using Weight Watchers and just can't seem to get the weight off this time.

I am a runner and am sometimes more focused on my running goals than my weight loss goals, however I know that running would be easier (and I would be faster) if I lost some of this extra weight.

I decided about 6 months ago to put the scale away for awhile because it was becoming unhealthy for me and I was experiencing a lot of negative self talk. I finally stepped on the scale on Saturday to get my starting weight and am so ready to do it this time. Any hints or tips for success are greatly appreciated :)

Tracy

Replies

• lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Just sent a friend request!!
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    I am a "former" runner. Led me to cranky knees and gaining alot of weight. Now I am an eliptical rat/ walker/wanna be golfer. I miss running so much that I try it once in a while. My knees tell me who is in charge for a few days afterwards when I attempt it. But I have lost 50+ here since July and feel good. I am a good MFP pal. :bigsmile:
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    You can do it!!!
  • Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the support!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Good for you...keep at it.
  • TexasOFT76
    TexasOFT76 Posts: 475 Member
    Hey and good for you! I just got back into fitness earlier this morning and also love running. It's not always kind to my joints so I've started mixing it up with other forms of cardio workout. You're going to achieve your goal and enjoy the running even more! Get after it :)
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Friend request sent! I, too, have been focusing more on some running goals but I know that losing more will make it easier to meet my next goals.