Options
2»

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    am i crazy or is there puppy chow in your diary? lol

Can not resist

To clarify, it's a cereal snack. Not actual dog food.

Anyway, never meeting protein macro, almost no veg, and eyeballing measurements does not appear to be an effective approach for OP.

Never heard of a cereal called puppy chow.

Puppy_Chow-4.jpg
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would suggest more strength training as well. If you only do 2 days/week they should be full-body workouts. check out New Rules of Lifting for women, Starting strength, or stronglifts 5x5 for an ideas on the type of program you should be running.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Can not resist

To clarify, it's a cereal snack. Not actual dog food.

Anyway, never meeting protein macro, almost no veg, and eyeballing measurements does not appear to be an effective approach for OP.

Never heard of a cereal called puppy chow.

Puppy_Chow-4.jpg

Gotcha, never seen or heard of it! haha good to know its not real dog food :)
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    1) have you done your BMR/TDEE calculations? Make sure you're not eating at too high of a deficit. Usually when you're in the home stretch you need to pull back to a smaller deficit to continue losing.
    2) You say that you're doing strength training but your protein intake is VERY low. Your body needs the protein to recover/rebuild those muscles... try swapping out some of the empty calories for a protein shake or something atleast on lifting days.
    3) Remember.... you want to eat at a deficit OR do cardio. If you're eating at a deficit already.... you need to eat back your workout calories. Too high of a deficit... especially at the very end will cause your weight loss to stall. Think of calories as money and cardio as your job to earn more calories(money). If you don't need more calories to eat, don't do cardio. (like, if you already have money you don't have to work)

Good luck!

ETA I agree with another poster suggesting more proper lifting routine... check out New Rules of Lifting for Women. My weightloss was stalled before I started the program and now I'm losing again. Check it out! It will change your life.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Have you removed refined sugar and refined grain, basically processed food from your diet yet? Your calorie range sounds good, but the food choice also matters. Try to make the good nutritious choices and stay away from empty calories. Also if you want to burn more fat, lengthen the cardio from 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

^^ Nonsense
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Puppy chow is one of my favorite Christmas treats! I'm making some this weekend.

For the unfamiliar...

puppy-chow.jpg
  • Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1) have you done your BMR/TDEE calculations? Make sure you're not eating at too high of a deficit. Usually when you're in the home stretch you need to pull back to a smaller deficit to continue losing.

Yes I have but every different site I go to tells me somthing different, Im not sure what to trust.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    You seem to be very heavy on carbs and too low on protein. Try bringing these into balance more and measure everything.

All the best
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If your'e not sure what to trust with TDEE, at least utilize your BMR as those figures usually aren't too different from site to site. The 3 websites most frequently used on MFP seem to be Scooby, IIFYM and Fat2fitRadio

Scooby gave me 1393 BMR
    IIFYM gave me 1400
    Fat2fitradio (sans bf%) gave me 1399

So let's just go with 1400 as your BMR. Use this number as your daily calorie goal...and I mean goal, as in try to come as close to this as regularly as possible, not under (and obviously not over). When you exercise, if using HRM, eat back most/all calories. If using MFP or cardio equipment numbers, eat bac 50-70% of earned.

This is what I do and when I'm on target, it works great (I've lost 1 pound since Thanksgiving) and is basically a combo of the MFP method and TDEE method, just a bit more precise. Your deficit comes from the difference between your BMR and your normal daily activity so even if you're sedentary, you still have a deficit of 280 calories per day (sedentary TDEE would be 1400*1.2 = 1680) which is plenty for the amount of weight you have left to lose.

I don't believe you need to weigh and measure everything but if you're really not sure how accurate you are, it might help.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I’m in the last 10-15lb range and have been since May. I lost focus after losing the first 15lbs, I like to live with the rule I can eat whatever I want as long as it’s in my calorie range (this could be what is hurting me, along with my lax calorie counting) I eat anywhere from 1200 to 1600 calories. I have started to focus more on workouts again and the last 10-15 lbs and am currently doing 30 min of cardio two times a week and lower body workout on Tuesdays and upper on Thursdays.

Is this enough? What do you suggest? How bad is my diet hurting me?(diary should be open)
    My stats: 5’ 1”
    SW:145
    CW:130
    GW:115-120 (depends on how I feel/look)

Fix the bold. Kinda pointless to review diary and talk about intake if it's probably not accurate anyway.

^^ This!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Well, just by looking at your diary, I think there may be some judgment errors/database errors recorded as part of your diary. This stands out to me: "La Favorita - Corn Tortia Chips, 14 chips" equals "84 calories"? Usually, 14 tortilla chips (or 1 oz.) is closer to 140 calories, for MOST brands. Does this brand have fewer calories? Additionally, unless you ate a few bites of your cake, 100 calories seems a little low to me.

I suggest you really measure/weigh your food and see if that helps.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    2) You say that you're doing strength training but your protein intake is VERY low. Your body needs the protein to recover/rebuild those muscles... try swapping out some of the empty calories for a protein shake or something atleast on lifting days.
    3) Remember.... you want to eat at a deficit OR do cardio. If you're eating at a deficit already.... you need to eat back your workout calories. Too high of a deficit... especially at the very end will cause your weight loss to stall. Think of calories as money and cardio as your job to earn more calories(money). If you don't need more calories to eat, don't do cardio. (like, if you already have money you don't have to work)

Good luck!

ETA I agree with another poster suggesting more proper lifting routine... check out New Rules of Lifting for Women. My weightloss was stalled before I started the program and now I'm losing again. Check it out! It will change your life.

+1

I bet you never thought that if you asked for advice/support/help you would get all these replies!

Looking at your diary, meeting your goals is all over the place, and your guess may be off, though you may be spot on, too; but when you say "1 plate" is that an 8" plate, a 9" plate, a salad plate? How high is the food piled? Will this be holding you back? You bet it will! Knowledge is power, and know for sure how much you actually take in will serve well, for the rest of your life, even. If you squeeze out the funds, buy an inexpensive scale and use it.

Up your exercise. Combining cardio with weight training is great. Kudos to you for mixing it up; up it! The weight training will make you more and more fit, and give you the "guns and girls" you may have always wanted...well...at least the guns! If you go this way, then focus more on your body measurements than on your weight; don't forget your weight, but be conscious of how your body might be changing in size and shape.

If you up your workouts, then watch your deficits very carefully. Being under is OK, but getting too far under will only slow your weight loss down. You need the calories to make new muscle tissue, and repair the damage to your existing musculature to encourage it to change and grow. Adequate intake is vital. Again, you need to run a deficit, but not too large.

Lastly, you should be proud of what you have accomplished. There are many MFPers who want to do what you have done. You are rockin'!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    D@MN! Now I want Puppy Chow. My friend makes the BEST puppy chow ever!!! Must look up her phone number........