• JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Year of the Chicken by Rob Redmond

Angry White Pyjamas by Rober Twigger

Advanced Karatedo by Elmer Schmeisser
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Let the right one in,by someone Swedish (?) who's name I can't spell out pronounce.

That's an awesome book. And the Swedish version of the film is definitely worth checking out too.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Terry Pratchett's "The Colour of money"... slowly going to read the entire 40 volume series.

I'm reading the complete works of "Shakespeare" and the complete works of "Charles ****ens". I love the classics and have read these works over and over. So many great books to read and so little time..:)

God yes, so many books, so little time.

The Pratchett series is an absolute joy, and you will definitely find it gets better as you go along. I'm also a big fan of Shakespeare and ****ens ... :smile:
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Let the right one in,by someone Swedish (?) who's name I can't spell out pronounce.

That's an awesome book. And the Swedish version of the film is definitely worth checking out too.

I've seen both films and the play, that's why I thought I should read the book, as usually I've done the book first!
  • abelthephotographer
    Options

I've seen both films and the play, that's why I thought I should read the book, as usually I've done the book first!

How are you finding the book? I've not seen the US version of the film - I'm not a movie-goer anyway, and I was worried I wouldn't like it ...
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    One of my nursing textbooks :indifferent:
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    How are you finding the book? I've not seen the US version of the film - I'm not a movie-goer anyway, and I was worried I wouldn't like it ...
    [/quote]

Very similar to the film, but not as much focus on just the two main characters, and with some back history, which I don't remember from film.
    I breezed my way through it, and liked it enough to immediately read another of his books..a bit key down by the third one though...
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Plato's Republic
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Odd Hours by Dean Koontz
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    My Goodreads 'Currently Reading' shelf looks like this:

- Iain M. Banks: Matter
    - Ursula K. LeGuin: The Dispossessed
    - Larry McCaffrey: Storming the reality Studio: A Casebook of Cyberpunk & Postmodern Science Fiction
    - Margaret Atwood: In Other Worlds: Science Fiction and the Human Imagination
    - Kazuo Ishiguro: Never Let Me Go
    - Claudia Hammond: Time Warped
    - Pittacus Lore: I Am Number Four
    - Margaret Atwood: Maddaddam
    - EHJ Gombrich: A Little History of the World
    - Angela Carter: The Bloody Chamber
    - Simon Palfrey: Doing Shakespeare
    - Jacob Grimm: The Complete Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales
    - EMW Tillyard: Shakespeare's History Plays

... and that's BEFORE my Christmas presents, a lot of which are books, I'm pleased to say ...

:smile:
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I just started reading The Lord of the rings.
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Allegiant by Veronica Roth
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Last one was called "Ethan and his shadow", I don't know if it's even translated to English. It's a Russian book. It used to be very popular at USSR. Now I'm reading "The Rains Came" by Louis Bromfield.
  • Inner_Goddess
    Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    50 shades trilogy. For the 8th time
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    "War Brides" by Helen Bryan. WWII in England.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Game of Thrones
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I just started reading The Lord of the rings.

I <3 LOTR! JRR Tolkien is amazing! If you read anything like me, you won't be able to put the books down.