Rest Days??

Options
I usually eat around 1900 calories a day, but on my rest day I only eat around 1600 calories. Should I eat 1900 calories or do the lower amount?

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    you've lost 100 pounds. you tell me....
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am following TDEE-10% right now so I eat the same amount of cals everyday.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 1900 calories a day, but on my rest day I only eat around 1600 calories. Should I eat 1900 calories or do the lower amount?

Big Congrats on the 100 pound loss! Seems what you are doing is working. If at such a time it stops working then re-assess your body's needs. Until then...carry on!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I do the TDEE -10%, but just wondering, as I kind of go back and forth on the eating the TDEE and lower amount.

Just cause I lost 100 pounds doesn't mean I know everything, I'm still learning things. :tongue:
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I do the TDEE -10%, but just wondering, as I kind of go back and forth on the eating the TDEE and lower amount.

Just cause I lost 100 pounds doesn't mean I know everything, I'm still learning things. :tongue:

As I said before I am now eating the same amount each day (should help me figure out how to live at maintenance).
    If I have a really good workout or an extra one in the week that is not included in my TDEE numbers, I do give myself a treat for that. Its usually a weekend that I may get an extra workout in so thats the best time for me to have a treat!

On heavy lifting workout days, I also drink a protein shake after I go to the gym so I guess on workout days, I have an extra 150 cals that I dont do the rest of the week.