If every day were like today You'd weigh *** lbs in 5 weeks

Options
If every day were like today... You'd weigh *** lbs in 5 weeks - How accurate has this been for you guys? I havent been able to break into the lower digits yet... Just curious...

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Is every day like today?

My today is different from yesterday, or the day before. I suppose if every day were like last Thursday, I would be XXX pounds in 5 weeks, but Friday I had some pizza and Saturday my gym was swarmed by children meeting Santa, so I'm thinking I won't.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what chanda said. although i tend to eat the same things, everyday isn't 100% the same so the 5 weeks thing doesnt really work in my case
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've seen older post where people have charted it out. It's pretty accurate as a curve, but to see how accurate there would have to be charts and lots of math involved.
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Never....even if I'm under calories for most of the weeks. But so much is estimating - calories, exercise - that it's just an approximate guess.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I make a note in my diary for the 5 week prediction - so far it is spot on.

49996067.png
  • MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Maybe it will motivate someone. Too many variables to accurately predict.
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    Lol, no it hasn't happened for me either. I usually lose half or less than what is predicted, but it doesn't really bother me. Slow and steady wins the race and keeps the weight off. Also not one new stretch mark!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It's never accurate for me. I do TDEE -15%, so mine keeps telling me I'll gain weight, but I keep losing, slow and steady! (MFP wants me to eat 1400, but why do that when I can eat 2400 and still lose weight?)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    the few times ive noted it down in my calendar, it was pretty correct. once i was even less.
  • zacharydeveaux
    zacharydeveaux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It was a fairly decent estimate. It had been saying I'd be hitting my goal weight by around early to mid November, and I hit my goal on Nov 18th. I stayed pretty consistent from day to day with what I was eating.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    777409145.png?1370133145

I hope it isn't...
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    If that were the case I'd feel like I was in the movie Groundhog Day >_<. lol Nobody could exactly replicate each and every day, something will always be different. You will drive yourself crazy paying attention to that hoping for that number in 5 weeks and getting disappointed when it doesn't happen.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on the site long enough to be able to tell (just about two weeks) so I can't say how accurate it is for me. However, I imagine a lot of people use it as a baseline. Like if they finish their diary and see a goal they like, they can look at what they did for exercise and food that day and maybe follow that closer in the future.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I surpassed that GREATLY. it was always greater.
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mine is fairly accurate within 2-4 lbs.
  • Pandora_King
    Options
    Every day has never been the same for me. That aside, I really don't let that guide me. I lose what I lose. I am not setting strict goals (Like 2 lbs a week) because it's frustrating when they don't happen. If I lose weight, I'm happy. If I don't, yeah it's a bummer, but then I look at what I'm doing and I realize that I wasn't really giving it my all.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Maybe it will motivate someone. Too many variables to accurately predict.
    ^---this.
    If you are under goal for the day, it tells you something good (weight lost would go up).
    If you are over goal for the day, it tells you something bad (weight would go up).

I interpret it as purely motivational, as hardly anybody eats and burns exactly the same calories every day.
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I havent been on the site long enough. but i really hope its right. :) then ill be to my weight goal even faster then i first anticipated.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Never. Never. Never. It constantly predicts that I will be considerably less in 5 weeks than I ever actually achieve in that time period. That being said, I am not actually "overweight," so my losses are very, very slow...much slower than the MFP predicts. But I'm okay with that because slower is more sustainable for me than rapid weight loss.