a newbie needing inspiration!

emmavisman
emmavisman Posts: 33 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I just joined yesterday, but i've been cutting down on my calories and exercising for about a week now.
i'm 5'5 and weigh 147pounds (67kg) and ive been putting on weight constantly for the past 2years (over 10kg!). I've now realised that if i keep going on like this i will eventually weigh in the 70s (and through winter! so it will be even more). I have a family history of diabetes and overweight, all my family were very small when they were my age until they reached their 20s and their body just changed! I want to try and cheat it. My mum has cancer and my dad has diabetes, i think you can understand why i want to be healthy. I know that loosing heaps of weight won't mean i'm healthy, but i feel that if i were smaller i would feel more confident in going to the gym and getting fit.

I would love to weigh in the 50's by my birthday (October 25th. goal weight would be the weight i used to be, which was average 56, but i don't want to be too small!) i'm not one of those girls that want to be stick thin because i really dont think thats healthy, i just want to be fit and healthy and to fit into my old clothes again (confidence!).

I'm looking for inspiration from people around my weight and age right now (doesnt have to be exact! 19-25), looking to weigh my goal weight as well so i can have some help and support (i've never been able to stick to exercising or diets for very long...)

So if any of you are out there, please add me as a friend or something so we can help each other out!

Thanks,
Emma :) xo

Replies

• JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Logging your food and your exercise is a great way to get started! It is about getting healthy for me as well and the weight loss is a bonus :)
  • emmavisman
    emmavisman Posts: 33 Member
    Oh exactly! It definitely comes down to feeling healthy, because if I'm not feeling great there's no way I'm going to stick with this routine! I'm feeling great right now, hoping I'll lose 2 pounds by Sunday! :)
This discussion has been closed.